• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unlinked error on main component in main document in XD 42.1 version

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are main components in my document that come up with a red link ikon, even though its located in the same document. Why? Screenshot 2021-08-11 at 13.12.22.png

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

A fix was released in v44.1. Please upgrade to this release and let us know your results.

Thanks,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issue with linked component in XD. We would like to confirm if this is the main file with main component in which you're getting red error. 

• What happen when you hover to the red error, does it show any error message? 
  • Please share the version of XD and the OS of your machine.
  • Does that happen with this specific file?

We will try our best to investigate the issue and help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am working on XD with a number of main components, but as soon as I did the last update of the program, they started to break. When I need to edit a main component and I change between its states, the green rhombus (indicating that it is a main component) changes to a red link icon (as if the component came from another file, and as if it were broken link). I need to know what is going on because the file I am working on defines the design system of other files as it is a large project.

I am attaching two images of the same component. This text field was a main component, but as soon as it went to a state 2 that defined an action for me, it changed to another type of broken link component.

Pablo5C5C_0-1628523807444.png

Pablo5C5C_1-1628523817853.png

Please, I need a quick answer, because as I told you, it is a big project and it can affect my work flow.

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pablo,

We are sorry for the trouble. We would like to confirm if this is the similar issue as mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unlinked-error-on-main-component-in-main-document-in-xd/td-p...

If so, we would request you to please share the asked details and we will try our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is a similar problem, main components created in that file, which later became components with the red link icon. In fact, they sometimes become just copy components. I don't know if it's a bug in the program.

• What happen when you hover to the red error, does it show any error message? Nothing happens
  • Please share the version of XD and the OS of your machine. XD Version is 42.1.22 and i am workin o macOS Catalina 10.15.4
  • Does that happen with this specific file? Yes, currently just happen in this file and other linked with this.

Additionally, I work this file in the cloud with other partners and the same thing happened to them.

Their versions are:

• macOS big sur 11.4  ---  XD 42.1.22
  • macOS Mojave 10.14.6  ---  XD 42.1.22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the requested information. Is it possible for you to share the file with me over a private message so that I can check at my end and investigate more about it? If yes, please upload the file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a PM.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pablo5C5C and IdeanStine,

It's been a while we haven't heard back from you. Are you able to resolve the issue? Please feel free to update the discussion by sharing the requested information so that we can investigate on the issue.

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - I have tried to make the compontents local and then save the update the library. As I know the the other files are linked to this file I was guessing I could make them local without loosing the links. It worked ok, but then when I close the document, the links are back to red again when I reopen it.

I am sorry I can't share the file as it is confidential material.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back. In order to investigate further, we would need these details-

1. The source document that the library is published from
  2. The consuming document that's using linked assets from a linked library
  3. Which XD version?

If you're unable to provide them due to confidentiality, we would request you to please connect with us directly using our Contact us page and initiate a chat with us so that we can file a feedback ticket for you.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this possible? The main component comes up with a missing link? Its no supposed to be linked to anything at all - as it is a MAIN component created in this document.

I have the most updated version of XD.
I don't know who in my organisation I am supposed to contact about this - can yu help me if I share the file with you privately?

Regards Stine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FrogStine,

Thanks for reaching out. Yes we would need the below files to investigate the issue-

1. The source document that the library is published from
  2. The consuming document that's using linked assets from a linked library
  3. Which XD version?

Please upload the files to a shared location such as Dropbox and share the URL with me over a PM.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your Source document that was used to create your Library, have you ever used Save As... to create a copy of that document?

It's ok to do that to make a backup copy.

But it causes problems if you use that copy to start another Library. The issue is that the components in the copied document keep the same internal IDs of the original doc, so if you Publish that to another Library, there will be Components with duplicate IDs. Documents that use the component may refer a a different Library than you are expecting. This could explain what you have described here.

Use this method to create a new Library based on an existing Library:
Open source document of existing Library in XD, select all Components on canvas that you want in new Library, and then Copy. Create a new cloud doc named what you want to call your new Library, then Paste. All of the Components should be Linked to the existing document. For each Linked Component in Assets Panel, right-click > Make Local (which generates new internal ids). You should be able to multi-select a few at a time to save time. Finally, Publish new Library.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey
I had the issues In my main file 
So i did What u said Copy to New doc > Make local
It was woring fine for two days again i face the same issue in the new file now 

What should i do now ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fix was released in v44.1. Please upgrade to this release and let us know your results.

Thanks,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have a similar issue. Yesterday, I was updating my Master document getting it ready to publish as a library by making sure there were no links to other libraries in it and that all my components are local. (I followed the guidance here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/migrate-design-systems-to-creative-cloud-libraries.html) Yesterday when I finished work at around 7pm, I had only a few more links (no more than five) to convert to local. This morning, when I started work, brand new components I created in this document as assets and many of the other LOCAL assets (I stopped counting at 30!) are now showing with a red link next to them saying that the Element is missing from the library. This file has never been published as a library but has links from an existing published library that this one was copied from. I suspect that is part of the problem.

I've just had a look at your Contact us page (and looked in lots of other places) and nowhere on that page does it have a phone number, an email address or a chat function. I'm essentially left with no way to contact you. Like others on this thread, I can't upload a file here because it's confidential.

How do I proceed? How can I fix this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the ones I created yesterday that are showing with red links only give me "Highlight on canvas" when I right-click on them. I don't get the option to make them local — probably because they're already local since I created them yesterday and for some reason the thing thinks their associated with a library they were never a part of to begin with. Very confusing and frustrating! They all say "Element is missing", but some can be made local and some can't! Makes no sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. I think the reason that some Components can be made Local and others cannot is because some are nested inside other Linked Components. Convert all of the ones that you can to Local then go back and check the others to see if they now provide Make Local command.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I was making local all the components that appeared to me with a broken link, I closed the file, but when I reopened it, the components that I had fixed were damaged again.

Seriously, this must be a big bug in the tool that you guys should fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we are aware of that problem, but we're still trying to track down all workflows that cause it. Can you answer a couple questions?

1. For your Source document that was used to create your Library, have you ever used Save As... to create a copy of that document? It's ok to do that to make a backup copy. But it causes problems if you use that copy to start another Library -- could this have been done to create your Library?

2. Do you copy Components in one document and then paste in another document? We suspect this is one of the main causes of this problem, so we recommend that Components are dragged from Libraries instead.

Thanks,
Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you please help me with a problem I have today? Suddenly (I think after updating the library) a few components that are master components of a cloud document got misconfigured and they now appear in the components panel with a linked icon in red saying that the library is missing, when they are master components of that opened document.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue. It is bit confusing that how master component turned into broken linked component.

Could you please provide clear details or short clip of Published document with its all assets and explain in more brief.

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue also, its a major concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the components are inexplicably breaking in the master library document in which the component  has been created. It's causing chaos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. But my local components say they're linked to one of my libraries they haven't been anywhere near. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines