• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update link is not updating the prototype and only allowing to create a new link in XD.

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mac. XD 6.0.12.6

I have lost the ability to update a previously shared protoype link. Now when I click the share button, the only option I see is to name, and create, a new one. If I check my shared protoypes in "manage published links" I can see my prototype that was last edited 12 days ago.

Obviously I don't want to create new and deviate my users from the URL they have saved.

How do i continue to update the original link?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

If you want to update a link after making changes, click the "Share Online" icon, located at the top right of your window.

001.png

You options are "Copy Link" and "Share Again", as well as "Manage Links" below the other two.002.png

This is where a lot of people are overlooking how to update your link. Instead of deleting your previous link and creating a new one, just click the "Share Again" option. From there you can choose either "Update Link" or "New Link", Choose "Update Link".

003.png

If you see "Updating shared link", you're good to go!

004.png

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't help - because that's not what I see when I click the "share" button top right. I see different options - only publish prototype, publish design specs, and manage public links. If I click publish prototype, the only option is to create a new public link.

It's as if this XD file (calculator1.xd) has lost its connection to the original published link.

The original link can be seen in "manage published links" as I said in my post - it shows was last edited 12 days ago.

12 days ago - I used to see the same options that you describe when clicking the share button, but not anymore. Please advise

thanks

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 11.02.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 11.02.47 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am checking with the team. Will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, can you confirm if you are on the latest version of Adobe XD (7.0)?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes version is 7.0.12.9

I should also point out this is now affecting every XD file I have created. They have all lost their connections to their public links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even Im getting the same error. See the attached. Its been pain in the A**, for me now. I need to share the links and cannot send a new link every-time.

Please fix this asap. or Help me if there is anything I need to to do, so that I can update the same link to share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the updated info. Will check with the team and get back to you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you able to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't heard back as yet. Send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Also, can you try the solution mentioned by Elaine Updating Links – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs if applicable?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. I see the exact same thing and can't update my links. I am forced to always create a new one each time I make an update. Fix please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am checking with Vivek. Will get back as soon as I have a response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing the same issue. When some modification is done and try to update the earlier published link I am getting "error 55:47:-1" not even progressing 1%. But publishing to new link works fine. Each time cannot publish new link and share with customer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, are you on the latest version of Adobe XD? From what i hear, this issue has been fixed in the latest update. If you need more assistance, I suggest reaching out to the support team directly using this link Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

I am having latest version of Adobe XD and facing this issue. With my Beta version, I was able to update the earlier published link. But, after getting enterprise edition, it is not happening

Thanks

Kumar Swamy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, are you logged in with your Enterprise ID? If you continue facing issues, please ask your administrator (assuming you are not the one) to get in touch with Adobe Support.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have logged in with Enterprise ID. Is there a way it can be fixed? please suggest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be an issue with the way your credentials are configured by your administrator. I suggest reaching out to Adobe Support directly using the information provided during purchase.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deepakr87463246 mitchiedog

Are you working on a new file and then try to update an existing link that was created by publishing a different file?

If this is not the case then do you remember the last step taken by you since this is happening?

Regards,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No its the same file(s).

I don't recall the actions, except that I have updated XD and Indesign to the latest versions recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VivekP​, To check why its happening I created new file created the Rectangle, Published Link. Now same file in the opened state I changed the shape and used Publish prototype -> Update link but after 50% it got stuck and gave the error. Its happening from the beginning I started to use the Adobe XD, but never faced such issue when working on Trail version. Please fix this asap. I cannot share a new link every-time when there is a small change in design. Let me know once fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I deleted the new artboard that I had created which was a duplicate of another I was working on and that helped. I was stuck at 50% also. In addition to these steps I also saved my file to a new filename.

Is there a cap for disk space or a filesize limitation that we're not aware of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue when trying to update design specs. The original link has these settings.

I wanted to see what would happen if I tried the "Export for Andoid" option. This created a new public link.

Then I deleted this link and now I cannot update the original link with the export for iOS option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tomorrow will be the 1year anniversary for when this still existing problem was first posted.

So, to clarify... There is still no ability for multiple people to update the same prototype link. In other words either one team member has to do all of the link updates (having a single point of failure like this is often problematic), OR you simply have to deal with communicating to all of your VIPs, Execs, and other stakeholders, "hey yeah you're probably on the old link. So sorry. Did you get my email with the new link? This link changes every time we update it. It's an Adobe problem we don't have control of."

Ideally we want everything to work as it has for the original file/link creator with the change that they can "share for edit" without having to save in the cloud, and the users it has been shared with can "update [existing] link" just like the original file/link creator can.

Adobe, this is very important for collaborative teams that want to ensure consistent, frequent, and trouble free delivery to their stakeholders. Can you please give us a status update on this? Is a fix in the works? Is there some range of time we can expect a solution?

prerank28948274

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following. I am running into this issue right now November, 12, 2019. I am having to update 3 different prototypes from one XD file, each time having to recreate the share link for each update, and having to resend multiple people on my team a new link.

This is an issue because many people are working crossfunctionally and there may be an old link still floating which causes confusion and more time wasted making resending multiple people updated links every time I have a small change.

If there was any feature I would really want it would be the ability to keep the same link for your prototype and update it. 

For now, the only work around I see is to create seperate XD files for each prototype interaction and NEVER create a new link but to keep updating it. This is not ideal but at least you would not have to keep making a new link. Of course if you are working on a particular interaction, you will have to eventually merge the item back into your master file which eats up more time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines