• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Components Panel

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an issue with updating master components and then pulling them from the components panel. I am updating a component by turning off fix width for a text box, but when that component is pulled in from the components panel, this update is not reflected (fix widtdh is still on). 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Yeah, well, the last thing I can think of, after editing the master to the nested component, right-click on that nested component (the text field) and select "Reset to master component". It is possible that it still counts the override and doesn't really fix it.

Again - if you can get out of that nested components situation that would be better. I remember a bug where if a component's instance is nested within another component (like in your case), it won't update. Might be fixed now, but still.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like you're editing an instance of the component, not the master component.

I cannot confirm that, as we can't see the layers panel in the video.

Right click on the component, and click "Edit Master Component", and then change the fix width thing there.

The next time you pull it, you should have it disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is indeed the master component, as you can see in the top right of the video I attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watched a second time, and I noticed something.

You seem to have a component within a component.

So you have one component for the label + textfield, and the textfield within it is another component.

The component with the label + textfield is indeed a master, but the textfield within it is not. You can see that because the diamond shape on the corner has a dot in it, which means it is an instance with an override.

dstoic_0-1593122073678.png

You need to click on that text field and edit its master, as right now you're editing an instance of it.

Also, generally, nested components have a bad reputation, as they sometimes get glitchy and don't update properly, so I would advise you not to do that in the future, at least until Adobe get their priorities straight and fix all the bugs and issues with the components and states.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ianmck1,

We are sorry to haer you your facing trouble while using nested component, Instead of dragging the component from components panel, Copy/paste the Nested component to another document, it acts as a linked component, I hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashwini M Hiremath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did edit the master to the component that was nested, but it was still no luck... thanks for the advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, well, the last thing I can think of, after editing the master to the nested component, right-click on that nested component (the text field) and select "Reset to master component". It is possible that it still counts the override and doesn't really fix it.

Again - if you can get out of that nested components situation that would be better. I remember a bug where if a component's instance is nested within another component (like in your case), it won't update. Might be fixed now, but still.

Anyways, good luck and hope you get it working 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines