Seems like you're editing an instance of the component, not the master component.
I cannot confirm that, as we can't see the layers panel in the video.
Right click on the component, and click "Edit Master Component", and then change the fix width thing there.
The next time you pull it, you should have it disabled.
this is indeed the master component, as you can see in the top right of the video I attached.
Watched a second time, and I noticed something.
You seem to have a component within a component.
So you have one component for the label + textfield, and the textfield within it is another component.
The component with the label + textfield is indeed a master, but the textfield within it is not. You can see that because the diamond shape on the corner has a dot in it, which means it is an instance with an override.
You need to click on that text field and edit its master, as right now you're editing an instance of it.
Also, generally, nested components have a bad reputation, as they sometimes get glitchy and don't update properly, so I would advise you not to do that in the future, at least until Adobe get their priorities straight and fix all the bugs and issues with the components and states.
We are sorry to haer you your facing trouble while using nested component, Instead of dragging the component from components panel, Copy/paste the Nested component to another document, it acts as a linked component, I hope it helps.
Ashwini M Hiremath
I did edit the master to the component that was nested, but it was still no luck... thanks for the advice
Yeah, well, the last thing I can think of, after editing the master to the nested component, right-click on that nested component (the text field) and select "Reset to master component". It is possible that it still counts the override and doesn't really fix it.
Again - if you can get out of that nested components situation that would be better. I remember a bug where if a component's instance is nested within another component (like in your case), it won't update. Might be fixed now, but still.
Anyways, good luck and hope you get it working 🙂