• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating prototype link isn't publishing changes

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just started experiencing a problem with one particular XD file where updating my link isn't actually updating the UI shown in the web browser. I'm able to update the link like normal, but when i go into 'Share' mode i've noticed that the UI elements revert to their previous state and their updated state is visible, but greyed out (like a "ghost copy" of the changes i've made; see attached screenshot). When i finish publishing the changes and check the link, the changes i've made to the UI elements are not represented, but rather they remain in their original state. When i switch over to Share mode, the UI elements revert to their previous state and the updated UI is shown as a "ghost copy".

Of course i've saved the file, closed and re-opened XD, checked for updates, rebooted, tried creating a brand new prototype link (same result), etc. I've tested it out with other XD prototype links i have (separate files) and they're working as expected. So, has the file in question become corrupt or something? Anyone experienced this before or have any suggestions? 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Design , Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Hi Rishabh, thanks for your response. I suspect the file got "corrupted" (for lack of a better word) somehow, but it's a cloud document so, not sure. I was able to circumvent the issue by creating a new file and copying the artboards from the original file into the new one. Interestingly enough, when pasting them into the new file all of my changes were reverted. It's like the elements were frozen in their previous state. Copying them to the new file cleared whatever was preventing them from cha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kellen,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need to test this file on our end, so please share the version of XD and OS and will it be possible for you to share the file with us? If yes, please add the file to a shared location, like Google Drive or DropBox, and share the link with us through DM. In case if you are not comfortable you can also contact us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh, thanks for your response. I suspect the file got "corrupted" (for lack of a better word) somehow, but it's a cloud document so, not sure. I was able to circumvent the issue by creating a new file and copying the artboards from the original file into the new one. Interestingly enough, when pasting them into the new file all of my changes were reverted. It's like the elements were frozen in their previous state. Copying them to the new file cleared whatever was preventing them from changing, but i had to make all of the adjustments again in the new file, and then create a new prototype link. It has all been a bit of a hassle because all of the BAs, devs, and QA folks that i work with had the old link and i had to redistribute the new one to them (the whole reason i was trying to avoid having to create a new link in the first place) but it's done now so i'm all good. 

I would love to share the file with you guys so you can track down what caused the issue and prevent it from happening again, but i'm afraid i cannot. My work is strictly confidential at present because the product i'm designing isn't on production yet, so closely guarded intellectual property of my company and they aren't okay with me sharing it outside our organization at this time. I apologize, but thank you for offering to take it and dig into the problem for me. Appreciate it, have a nice day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have updated my XD to the latest version, I experience also that my changes are not updated on existing links. In prototype mode it looks like the software has some issues because I can't see all given protoype links. When I want to update my changes or create a new link I see the wheel spinning to 100% and it looks like everything is going fine. But when I check the link, the changes are not shown (and of course I cleaned my cache, tried inkognito mode, and used different browsers). Furthermore I also tried to copy all artboards to a new file with the exact same output that I can't create a new link. Really frustrating. Please send help.

XD version_11.01.2021.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have faced the similar issue recently. 

We had only option to create new project or new link but it was not possible as the link has been shared and being used by everyone in the project. and using new link was not the prefered solution.

The solution worked for us:

We removed all the unused/unnecessery links by using "manage links" and restarted adobe XD. Then we updated the link and it was showing all the changes we have made.

Hope This helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines