• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Variable Font Issue in XD Windows

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I use a Variable Font, eg. Inter, in XD in Windows 10 the corresponding weights doesn't show up instead it shows up a list with Regular weight repeated. I haven't face this problem in Mac OS. Please help.

Inter-Font-Issue.jpg

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

OK, seems like it's not an XD Issue, it's Windows 10 Issue. Even in Windows 10 Font Dropdown, it shows the same. Solution is to install separate font weights separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Hi All,

I would like to inform you all that these variable fonts are not supported yet. Though it's on the team roadmap and yes the best answer would be to install separate font weights separately for now.

We will let you know if we have more updates on this in the future.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Does Adobe XD support variable fonts yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with Manrope from Google Fonts. Thanks for the tip - the Font Squirrel version worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is amazing! did the trick for me!!!  Uninstalled the font from Google fonts, downloaded from Font Squirrel and installed again. It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH... MY.... GAWD..... That did it! Thank you so much. I will never use Google Fonts again and will always try to go right to the source for the fonts.

-------
Rafal Borowski Design - www.borowski.design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded it from FontSquirrel and installed it.

The thickness option drops in the drop-down, but is not reflected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eveyone,

It happened on my computer as well. I think there was some font conflict. Hence it took only regular font-weight or whichever was installed at first. 

In order to fix this issue one has to remove fonts from windows. Follow this link for step by step process https://www.windowscentral.com/how-manage-fonts-settings-windows-10-april-2018-update

Then activate the fonts from adobe creative cloud font library https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts

This has solved my font issue in my xd. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I tried another way: Just installed the fonts that are NOT in the Static folder as the fonts in the Static folder are clearly the same font. I tried downloading the font from FontSquirrel but it is the same font as in Google Fonts. Just try installing the fonts (variable) that are NOT in the Static folder when you download the fonts. This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the solution. I am sure it will help other community members. Feel free to reach out to us in case if you have any questions or issues in the future.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having an issue with the Inter font not showing up in Adobe XD in different weights (aside from Regular). I've tried installing the fonts from the Static folder, then uninstalling those and installing the variable font instead. Both times, it hasn't worked. I have Windows 10 just like the others on here. Any other workarounds/suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue for a font called Antartica.  Works in Illustrator but not in XD

https://beta.newglyph.com/#font-antarctica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again. One year later and this issue is still there.... Great job at wasting my time with your buggy software Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue I have faced, but I have installed the font separately but again issued faced.

Please give me the solution asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Can you review the date, time and size of this files?

I'm pretty sure that its 3 values are the same, and actually, are the same file.

This it's what happened to me:

Sol003_0-1591144559836.png

It's a Google Font problem (and Adobe XD issue)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a document using the Google font Public Sans but the weights of the fonts are not displaying correctly all seem to appear BOLD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carol,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the suggestion shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/text-variable-font-issue-in-xd-windows/m-p/11001813#M25845

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I would like to inform you all that these variable fonts are not supported yet. Though it's on the team roadmap and yes the best answer would be to install separate font weights separately for now.

We will let you know if we have more updates on this in the future.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said before there's 2 problems:

1.- AdobeXD compatibility with variable fonts.

2.- Google fonts files. If you download separate fonts, you will find diferent files with the same size and date: are the same file with different names!!. Doesn't works. You have to download the font from other source like FontSquirrel

I think that it would be a good idea report that issue with google. I did it before, but I think that we need more person to make visible that issue, because I got no response and solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harshika, think XD will ever implement variable font support? I'm leaving XD behind until that time, not sure I will be back once I get rockin with Sketch or Figma again. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does Adobe XD support variable fonts yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't get me wrong, I love XD. But why the hell you don't fix that typo problem after that many many updates?

Support, please, please don't ask me about the font i want to use, my settings e.g. ... I'm sure you do a lot of testing before you release a new version of XD - so it seems obvious you know about that problem, right? Why isn't it possible in 2021 to show all options of a font how they should be shown? (see screenshot)

Adobe wants to stay the first adress for all kinds of designers -  typo is one of the most important parts of that! Please fix that!

xd-font-screenshot.jpg

{Reamed By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We can surely escalate this further and share feedback with the team however we'll definitely need a few more details for investigating:

1. The exact version of XD.
  2. The name of the font.
  3. Are you using any font manager?
  4. Have you tried installing the font-weights separately?
  5. Are you able to use the other font-weights in any other applications?

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

It's been a while we haven't heard back from you. We would like to inform you that a similar discussion is happening around this here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/text-variable-font-issue-in-xd-windows/td-p/11001813 where after checkin with the team regarding this issue they informed that these variable fonts are not supported yet. You can install the separate font wieghts separately and see if that helps for now.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Merged post>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said before there's 2 problems:

1.- AdobeXD compatibility with variable fonts.

2.- Google fonts files. If you download separate fonts, you will find diferent files with the same size and date: are the same file with different names!!. Doesn't works. You have to download the font from other source like FontSquirrel

I think that it would be a good idea report that issue with google. I did it before, but I think that we need more person to make visible that issue, because I got no response and solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am having a conflict problem with the "Roboto" font. I can't uninstall it from windows (Windows is not letting me delete)  and consequently it is causing problems in my adobe fonts. Does anyone know the solution? Thanks

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cristiano,

We are sorry for the delay in response. Actually, this is more of a windows bug instead of XD. I would suggest try installing separate font weights separately and see if that helps. We also had a similar discussion happening here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/text-variable-font-issue-in-xd-windows/td-p/11001813 Please join the discussion for more updates.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cristiano!

Have you tried deactivating Adobe Fonts and reinstalling Roboto?

The trick is review that the files ARE DIFFERENT IN SIZE, because Google has some families with same date, time and size and finally, it's the same file but with different names and doesn't fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines