This happened several times to me and I finnaly could understand the process I did before getting this issue:
- I have a locally saved prototype, this is company requirement. I cannot change that.
- This prototype has live links, as all adobe XD prototypes that are shared across several company internal forums. Its not possible to change those links, I need to mantain the existing ones.
- I was working today on my prototype, testing the new feature that controls components states on tap. Adobe XD crashed, I did send a crash report.
- After opening the prototype again, my changes were there, but I was not able to save the file again, just save it with another name. This happened to me before and I overwrite my old file causing it to lose all my prototype live links. I had to send an internal email advising everyone involved with the prototype to not use the old link, because of that.
- My call on that note is that when adobe xd auto saves, it does not auto save inside the same file, it auto saves and if I want to keep my lost changes before crashing, I will lose my file when its a local save.
We're so sorry for the delay in response. Could you please update XD to the latest version which is 39.0.12 and check if it still happens. In case if it still crashes, please collect system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
We'll also need a timestamp in local time so that we can isolate the cause of the issue.
I am having issues with my big prototype, that is saved locally, where I have links to several parts of the prototype shared with different people inside the company.
Sometimes (not every time) I open my local document and start to work on it. When I press to save, it asks me to save as a different document, as if I pressed to save as instead of just save. What happens??? I have 2 choices. Discard my changes, open the file again and redo my work, or save as a new document and lose all my live links. This is really frustrating.
We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. This is not expected so could you please share a few more details like:
Hi Rishabh, thanks for answering, I had this same issue again and I was able to understand what happened and its better described here. https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/very-problematic-issue-after-crashing/m-p/11953170
This is happening with multiple files, my adobe XD version is the latest and my OS is windows 10.