• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Voice trigger in prototype won't work

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to build a basic prototype to test out the voice capabilities on desktop, and when previewing it, nothing happens when I hold down the spacebar to speak. There's no visual indicator that it's even listening. I've already granted permission for the microphone. I'm running MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 and have the latest XD version. My company has a lot of strict security so I'm also trying to figure out if it is at all effecting this issue.

Also, I'd like to say that I've been trying all afternoon to talk to an actual person for help and y'all have managed to make that impossible. Not happy with the customer service at all, esp when our company is paying money out the wazoo for your products. Seems ridiculous.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please confirm, whether you rebooted the device after adding permissions? If not, please reboot the device and then check again. For more information on Voice Triggers, you can also refer to this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/voice-prototypes-in-adobe-xd.html#Prerequisitestousevoicewithinproto...

Let us know how it goes, we'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

I was able to get it working but only after I disconnected from my company's network. It appears it was an issue with security. But my next important question is around sharing the prototype. I'm trying to test it with users who may not have an adobe account. Is there any way for them to test using the voice capabilities without having to login??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also like to add that I tried to test the prototype on mobile web and even after logging in, the voice function isn't working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear its working. Generally, we don't need an Adobe account to preview the prototype however if it has a voice trigger, a sign in with Adobe Account is required for security reasons. It doesn't have to be a paid account, a free Adobe account will work as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok but I'm still unable to get it to work once logged in on mobile web...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind sharing the link with us so that we can test this? You can send the link through DM, by clicking on my name, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines