• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird file created: "<file-name> local changes from December 11, 9.17.48 AM"

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier today I had some network connectivity issues while working with an XD document. I think this caused some strange behavior with XD.

A while later a modal popup suddenly appeared asking me to accept changes to the document I was working on (unfortunately I didn't think to take a screenshot). It was very odd because the only option it gave me was an "Ok" button. I assume what it meant was that I had made changes while I was offline and it needed to sync with the cloud version. I have no idea why it bothered to ask though, since I didn't have any choice in the matter.

This also seems to have created a new file named  "<file-name> local changes from December 11, 9.17.48 AM".

1. What is the purpose of this file?
  2. Is it safe to delete it?
  3. Is it possible my original document is now missing some changes?
TOPICS
Data loss , Open and save docs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Travis, 

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the detailed information. This pop-up is a safeguard to your work while you are offline. Please ensure that the cloud document has everything there is the local document, and then you may delete this local copy. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thanks for your reply.

It's good to know that deleting the file should be ok, but I'm still confused about what is actually happening here and what to do about it.

It is not very practical to "ensure that the cloud document has everything there in the local document". That may be fine for a small project, but its going to be extremely difficult in something more complex.

Are you able to explain more about exactly why/when a file like this is created?

When you say it is a "safeguard to your work while you are offline", what exactly does that mean? Will XD attempt to merge the changes back into the original file once you are back online or is that pop-up message meant to inform you that you will need to open up the auto-generated file and fix the cloud file yourself?

If this feature is XD functioning as expected while offline, I really don't understand what the recovery workflow should be in this situation.

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines