• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the shortcut to collapse or expand layers / Groups in XD?

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I'm assembling an HD Game UI in XD, It's a fantastic tool and I'm glad I jumped from Sketch. However, my Artboards are often pretty complex and I wondered if there was a way (Shortcut) to collapse all Groups?

Having to click on them all gets a bit frustrating... 

<The title was renamed by modertor>

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks as always Kenneth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion Areas, but that's not what we want. Like the others here, I create lots of sub-groups and sub-sub-groups inside the main groups/folders that contain the main parts of my design (e.g., the "paypal #2" folder in my attached screenshot). As I click to edit different drawing elements, those sub-folders all get open and become confusing.

I can click the main group folders to close them, but when I reopen those main folders, all the sub-folders are open as they were. What I want is to be able to right-click or something on those main folders to collapse all the sub-folders and sub-sub folders inside—without closing the main folder ("Paypal #, in this case). That would really save time and enable me to see the forest without getting lost in the trees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's been years and this is an essential feature for exporting all assets (and not just groups). Has this been fixed yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hold down the [Ctrl] key and click any folder icon in your XD node tree view.
Note: If the XD node tree is huge, XD may freeze and shut down.
@Windows 11, XD ver.57.1.12.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines