• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When did Customers become QA and Testing Staff?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm not usually one for posting on community forums of any type and not a social media user in general. I've been an advocate for Adobe products for 20+ years, and regularly use Adobe XD, Photoshop, Animate and Premier on a daily basis.

I recently found lagging / perfromance issues with Adobe XD and jumped on the forum to see if there were any fixes. Adobe staff seemed to be really responsive and well mannered, however many of them asking for screenshots of XD versions, memore consumption and operating systems.

Now i've been working in software development over 20 years. I'm aware that times change, products change, and technology changes, but generally the fundamentals are exactly the same.

What I fundamentally noticed though with the responses in the forums are 'When did Adobe's Customers become their QA staff' and why the hell are Adobe's Development and QA Teams not catching fundamental problems before releasing updates? It is plain to see that EVERYONE are experiencing the same issues... performance, lagging, crashing etc. If the QA Teams for Adobe were using the software on a day to day basis they would be finding these issues. If they ARE finding these issues, then the product leads are still putting out the updates when they know it's broken.

At the point of writing this, its the first time ive genuinely considered jumping to Figma... Adobe XD, at version 45.1.62 is NOT fit for purpose. It's SO slow.
I find this absolutely ridiculous with teh computing power we have now and use as standard, especially in game and software development. I refer back to Adobe Flash back between 2005-2010 which was much faster and much more powerful tool, on hardware that is now obsolete.

Please Adobe, i love you guys, but please sort it out. You have avid loyal users, many of which have been using your products for decades.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the link below to make a report or request
-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/
-https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html for everything else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines