• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I use "Text" in Adobe XD the software starts to behave weirdly. It slows down a lot.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't know why but when I use text in Adobe XD it starts to behave weirdly, it slows down, the text doesn't appear. It seems lagging and sometimes it freezes too. Sometimes, I have to restart Adobe XD again to resolve the problem. Am I the only person who is experiencing this? I tried to reinstall Adobe XD again but I still have the problem. My PC is very good and I've never had such problems with other adobe software. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens also with me. IMHO this is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the same. It was there prior to the last update and it is still there. I really hoped for a fix but nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me.

Text is disappearing when I try to edit or I can't change the font/size. I'm also having trouble trying to select text at random times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We apologize for the delay in response. Would you mind confirming if you are still experiencing the issue with XD 38.1 version? Does that happen on both Mac and Windows platforms? Is it happening randomly while doing the action or you are able to reproduce the bug by doing the same action?

We will try our best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still happens. I noticed that it happens when adobe XD is autosaving and after a double click on the text. Usually, I have to restart the software. It happens quite often. It doesn't let me change the text even from the layer. I have Windows, not sure about Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I don't need to restart but the typing cursor disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This is definitely a bug of concern as we are unable to reproduce it at our end. I would request any of you who can record a video of this weird behavior and share it with us so that I can inform our team to investigate it further. Please do share the XD and the OS version of your machine along with the test XD file. You may upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with us.

I will try my best to escalate the issue to the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the video. In 1 hour of work, it happened 2 times. It is incredibly frustrating. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZOGCx82Ltev7iLSZt4vvsI-Wbs6Z58qb/view?usp=sharing My OS is Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, version 10.0.19042 build 19042. Adobe XD version is 39.0.12.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From what I understood this problem has been here for 2 years!! Guys, could you please fix it?? I think I will move to Figma honestly. Seriously after 2 years, you didn't do anything about it?  It slows down the design process a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines