• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When is xD coming to chromebook? It is 2021 already :( Still no progress

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been waiting since 2018.  The android version doesn't even run in mine. This is so sad 😞

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shutterstock_389011594-scaled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but most pro software does not work on Chromebooks. Macs and PCs are typically used by designers, so supporting another platform that is not used by many professionals requires extra coding and support that typically isn't worth the extra expense. XD is not a web app, so it's not quickly ported to another platform. I would not expect to ever Chromebook version of XD. Just like other Adobe apps do not work on Chromebooks, nor does Sketch.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your concern/feedback. In addition to what Dan said, there was a discussion that happened in past here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/xd-available-on-chromebook/m-p/10398469

Please go through the discussion. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, more and more of us are chosing and opting for Chromebooks. Macs are insanely priced and Windows is well windows. It is 2021.  I understand the argument about coding and expense but isn't really part of the job for companies, to keep current. As more and more Chromebooks enter the market and people choose them. 

At the moment, I am so disappointed in Adobe. Even using their website, and help features are so frustrating. I requested technical help and they sent me to billing.  

Maybe its time they considered something for Chromebook. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

*choosing not chosing  oh mon dieu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines