When taking a screenshot and pasting it into XD the pasted image is 2X larger in dimensions

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When taking a screenshot and pasting it into XD the pasted image is 2X larger in dimensions than the original screenshot. EX I take a 1500x1000px screenshot on my mac, when I paste that image from the clipbaord into XD the image is 3000x2000. Is there a way I can paste the image true to size?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

XD imports all files at 1x, except for JPEGs which it imports at 2x. Your 1500x1000px screenshot is actually 2x which means the file is 3000x2000. XD is treating it as 1x, so you'd have to scale it down to make it 2x. There's nothing in pixel-based files to tell XD whether they are 1x or 2x, so XD has to make some assumption as to how to import it. I do wish though that it assumed all files were 2x (not just JPEGs).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines