Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White borders when viewing prototype in browser on phone

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I view my shared prototype in browser on phone(iPhone 11, iOS 14.4.2, Safari) it adds a white border/padding on the left and right side. I tried to change the viewport height of the artboard so that it fits within the viewport/fold in the browser, but that doesn't help. It adds a white border no matter how small I set the viewport height to. 

I tried both with fullscreen option on and off.

Is there a way to fix this?

Regards,

Erlend

TOPICS
Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a link to test in browser? Did you get the same result in different browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link: https://xd.adobe.com/view/07ca95c4-485d-44e3-a915-7372e8e4947b-5299/?fullscreen

I got the same result in Chrome on iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erlend,

Thanks for reaching out. I found a similar discussion which you can refer to here https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/prototype-not-filling-screen-on-iphone-7-plus-and-iphone-x-w...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I've seen that one already. It didn't fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the steps. Could you please share the screenshot of your artboard showing the right-side property inspector for a better understanding? Does that happen with every file with the same settings? How does it look like when you see it in desktop preview within XD app?

We will try our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

It works perfectly fine when I'm previewing it in the desktop app. I included an image of that in my original post, and include it again here as well.

Attached you can also find the artboard and the property inspector.

Thanks,

Erlend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure  but may be display resolution can cause such a glitch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the additional info. Does that happen with this file only? If so, is it possible for you to share the file with us so that we can check at our end? If yes, please upload the file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a PM or here.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines