• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why deleted Creative Cloud library keeps reappearing in Adobe XD?

Participant ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a local document, which has a cloud library connected to it.

I have saved a copy of that local document, with the intention of removing the cloud library and replacing it with another. 

I can't get the old library to disappear, I've removed it from the drop down but some parts of it keep reappearing when I reopen the file. 

It also isn't bringing in some components from the new library. 

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Open and save docs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. As far as I know, Creative Cloud Libraries are common across Adobe apps. 

libraries can be deleted from the CC libraries panel. Is the missing library appearing in other Adobe apps? Please see this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/help/cc-libraries-xd.html

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not that a library is missing - the problem is I can't fully remove an Xd cloud document as my linked asset source. 

Sorry - maybe cloud library wasn't the right term. 

It's a cloud Xd document with my master components etc in - this is my library for another (local) Xd document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are deleting it from your Cloud documents it still shows in your Xd Home documents? Am I right understand the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it still shows WITHIN the local documment it is connected to. I haven't deleted the cloud document, I just want to remove the connection between it and another file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you copy and paste a component from one file to another, XD links it to the file it came from. To unlink them, in the Assets panel right-click (Ctrl-click on Mac also works) on the component and choose Make Local Component.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not what I mean - it's the entire file that is linked - like this: https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/help/linked-assets.html

When I follow the process to remove it,  some components return when I re-open the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to relink your original doc from Cloud Linked Document before deleting Cloud Linked Document?

IMHO XD do not allows to delete Cloud Linked Document if there is some linked components in original document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The linked cloud document was all up to date before I removed it, using the steps set out here: https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/help/linked-assets.html

It states that any instances will be made into groups (no longer components) - which is what happened. But the connection was still there, despite no assets being used.

I think this is a bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to recreate your situtation in the latest version of XD (there have been recent updates). After I deleted the linked cloud file, it lets me right-click (Ctrl-click on Mac also works) on the component and choose Make Local Component. Does that not work for you? Make sure you've updated your XD to see if that has fixed your issue.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I would liked to follow up here. Did the suggestion shared by Dan works for you? Please let us know if you're still experiencing the issue or needed further assistance.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines