• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the round corner on rectangle go away after a while?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The round corners feature should stay active at all times. I sometimes need to go back to a certain design and want to round its corners based on the feedback I have recieved from my team lead, however I'm unable to and I'm forced to recreate that feature/shape again from scratch. 

I recommended XD to my firm and we have gotten it for our team but we are having this issue with rounding corners and it is driving us crazy. I have attached below what im talking about. In the attached photo below, the border radius is present in the rectangle, but after a while it goes away. Whats the fix?
Im using Mac OS Big Sur and Windows 10 Machines, and this issue is on all those devices. 
Please if anyone knows the solution to this, let me know please. 

TOPICS
Design , How to , Known Issue , Missing feature , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the delay in response. This isn't expected as we can always convert the corner of a rectangle to a rounded corner by double-clicking on it. If that's not what is happening, please share a small video of the workflow and what exactly is happening, we'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having trouble with rounding borders. After sometime, the option to round a border/corner of an object is gone and that is because of the double click to path feature.
I'd like to be able to still edit my object's border radius/roundness even after it is set to path OR be able to roll back an object from Path to original shape state at any point in time. Because when it is turned into a path you cant round borders anymore. 

Also when it is in path state, the appearance tab on the right doens thave round corner option anymore. 

My team and I are having a very hard time with not being able to round our object's borders after we have made multiple changes to that object/file.

I have attached a video as per your request below. The video I have attached is a screenshare of my computer demonstrating the problem. I have uploaded the video to streamable.com and link is below. Again just to reiterate my problemm you can also see in the video that, the previously created grey rectangle doesnt have the option to round its cornres or adjust its corner roundness. However In the video I create a new rectangle and then I do have that option. So why cant I always have access to this rounding corner feature? 
https://streamable.com/2hw27r

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an commonly known issue also posted on Adobe XD Uservoice platform.

Very annoying.. while also the undo function dos not work at this point...

How is this possible that we still cannot rollback from this change? 

Each time we need to recreate the component... 

Is there any timeline when it will be fixed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay. Regarding the UserVoice request, I am afraid, I don't have a time frame by when this would be available, however, let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the Engineering team. Regarding undo issue, could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD & OS.
  2. Is it happening randomly or always?
  3. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  4. Does toggling XD helps? When this happens, please try toggling between XD & desktop and check if it allows you to UNDO.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. version 48.0.12.10

2. just make an rectangle and doubble click...

3. all files

4 OK now undo works but sometimes you have changed a lot in the meanwhile, so it should be possible te revert this change at any time... 

It would be really nice if we could switch off this behaviour in the settings or somewhere else... because you need sometimes to double click on an element to select it (in a component)... really annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still happening and is really weird.

My XD, version 56.1.12.1 has this issue and the undo function is also unavailable.

The OS is Windows 10 Business V. 22H2

Please correct this!

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only XD, Illustrator as well. It loses the shape if you stretch round corners it turns in to something else. Need a solution for both XD and illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Posting a screenshot here for reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines