• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Adobe such garbage?

Explorer ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is certainly garbage. I spent so much time getting an app design down. Save for one menu that, unlike all of the rest of them, won't stay associated with the artboard it's supposed to be on..... it's a CLONE of all of the others that WORK JUST FINE and yet the menu refuses to become part of this particular one. 

Amd even more enfuriating than that..... is that all the work is completely useless since it can't export to anything useful. The only 2 plugins to export to HTML, one is absolutely amateur and the other is blatant false advertising as they say "48 hours of free use to export from Adobe XD to HTML5" but when you download it, and try to use it, it says "This feature is reserved for our PREMIUM users" .... Adobe has, yet again, wasted days of my time with absolute garbage. Bring back something useful to develop apps with, wtf was wrong with Flash creator anyways? At least it did something useful. Way water down all of your products and leave gaps where actual use would be.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I understand a lot of your grievance.

A lot of things can go wrong and need improvement.

But in stead of pulling your hands off this tool, it might be a helpful to tell and show a bit more about your specific problem. After all, many people are using XD to their heart's content – so why wouldn't you ? What you're trying to achieve sounds feasable to me. So create some screenshots or post a link of a Preview, if you'd like to give us a little more insight.

There are dozens of curious users here, trying to help others out 😉

On the other hand, I must disappoint you concerning your expectations of getting HTML or something technically useful out of it. That's not this tool's intention ! I know, there are a few this plugin promising heaven, but closing down the gate on you. But to be honest: there's not a single drop of HTML coming out of Adobe XD, natively. It's a tool to design ideas, wireframes, mockups, prototypes – just like scale models of a construction plan. They look alright, they give everyone a faily good idea, but they're definitely not the real thing, and not meant to be complete at all.

So you need to form a team with e.g. front-end developers, to build the real thing, based on this puppy. And the best you can get out of it, are fragments like the images and specifications in CSS, for the developers to use and copy. But Adobe XD won't take over their job !

Hope this helps to understand what Adobe XD is about, and looking forward to more details about your initial problem with that menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, to the other curious users here: Don't waste your time with Xd if you actually want to build an app. You might as well draw it on paper or give up on it all together. Xd is to apps  as what having Adobe Premiere would be if it were not able to save/export to a video format. You can edit it and make it LOOK how you want, but you'll have to send it to an editor to actually MAKE that video (and that format is ONLY for reference, NOTHING at all can be pulled from it) - highly useful, I know.

It's interesting that Xd is capable of creating the very "mobile view" that I'm looking for, and yet it can't publish that view into a useable format. (Animate can do it... why not export to that at a minimum?) Additionally, Adobe DOES have he means to push it to a browser capable format but they chose to keep it to themselves: When sharing it & creating a web link, it's quite literally creating a web version for others to interact with. That very output would probably suffice if they would allow us to save it. The means exist but they've not allowed us to use them and they promote the use of inferior add-ons instead.

It seems so illogical to have the capability and lock it away when that's the reason we pay for their products - capabilities. I'm moving on to Animate and so now I have to rebuild the entire thing. Yes, another Adobe product, because I'm already paying for it and want to "get my money's worth" out of it..... if I weren't already paying for CC, I certainly would have found a better solution instead. They have YEARS or even DECADES on the competition and still can't do a better job (see the numerous app building programs/sites out there). We're all in a stupid ecosystem because everyone else is in it too.

If anyone at Adobe that makes any decisions actually listens, what on earth are you holding back on this for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have already been many similar and legitimate questions here and on e.g. Quora, about this seemingly illogical hiatus in the software, but that's the technically inevitable trend.

If you'd be more familiar with the gradually increasing separation between design and production (and the tools and technologies involved), you'd come to understand that creating a PDF or a movie is totally different from building an app or a website.

So from a UX standpoint, XD is a great tool to design how an app or a website would look and behave, before handing it off for that expensive and tedious phase of actually building it. And rest assured: Adobe isn't unique in their approach with XD – dozens of other tools serve the same idea...

I have given a more elaborate answer at the bottom of this discussion:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/how-do-i-create-a-mobile-app-using-adobe-xd/m-p/9033659?page...

And some more on Quora:

https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-convert-an-Adobe-XD-prototype-to-HTML

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-quickest-way-to-convert-Adobe-XD-to-HTML-and-CSS

https://www.quora.com/Can-I-build-a-professional-web-design-using-Adobe-XD-without-learning-HTML-and...

https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-convert-my-Adobe-XD-design-file-into-HTML-CSS-and-JS-complete-webpage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is glitchy tell me why when i signed something with my signature it tries to save it but instead it says error 105 cant save it to sign it so it never gets signed not the paper dont have my electronic signature. YET some how its says it signed and i cant do anything cause somehow i managed to sign it when my signature isnt showing up and it cant save. Adobe lost me as Customer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[abuse removed by moderator]

Also I've just spent the last two hours trying to get my video preview to work and on premiere and Photoshop systematically trying all the you tube fixes.. why the f is there even a need for this in the first place ... Tons of people have the same issues over and over and frankly no one , not a single person on their software development team cares ...it's absolutely infuriating and honestly I look forward to cancelling my membership ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to do something in Photoshop and Premiere that doesn't work, then please describe that in the product forums:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/bd-p/photoshop?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/bd-p/premiere-pro?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

What random people tell you on youtube is not necessarily the gospel.

On the forums you find knowledgeable folks who have usually done everything and seen everything. They can help you with your issue.

If you have issues launching the software or if you are experiencing crashes, they might be caused by your system being set up unappropriately. Please contact Customer Care. They can log in and fiy it: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
The developers cannot prepare the software for everything. There are outdated extensions and plugins that are not deleted appropriately, there are extensions that interfere with everything, because of sloppy coding. There are applications that install malware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I landed on this subject because I generally find post 2015 Adobe products really bad. Stinkers actually. Who the hell manages all them useless Apps and Cloud TRASH? I'm not fetching it too far saying... There is not one tool in Illustrator, InDesign... etc that hasn't been Googled for bugs.

Now, coming back to XD. In general, I'm rather surprised anyone would use them Pseudo WYSIWYG editors anyway. The amount of time to lay out uncommon file types to produce a demo... Anyone with some coding background can make a real thing out it in the same timeframe if the vision is proper and not "post-it" type of markedroid BS on the wall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would like add a few specific things, it's so hard to get any templates or Kits from comunity
and their is no way to organise contents of a project like pages or something like in project file we are forced to do everything on one canvas while working on a project i would like to manage all things in project file but in diffrents pages like one for wireframe and one for Lo-Fi Prototype Etc.
and while rounding the corners there is no value or something to know whats the exact value it's just a simple basic thing but your designers decided not to add it.

So yeah it's TRASH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take if from someone who has been using XD since it laucnhed, use Figma. XD is absolute garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe released their source, the monopoly would be finished. The
products are manure post 2015 and the pricing strategy is rather
questionable ethically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

questionable ethically? really? it's a business they need to make money. it's not charity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't been around for long, have you? Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
are basically the same products they were 10, even 15 years ago, which
people already purchased. Paying monthly fee to use something already
owning is BS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

they made quite a lot of money before switching to subscription models. this just lets them make even more. it's not like they were going out of business when they were on CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines