• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my component enlarging randomly?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, this is the main component and for whatever reason, when I try to preview it, it looks fine at first, but when the menu is opened and then closed, it becomes bigger and stays that way after subsequent open/closes. There's no version of the component on this flow that is that size, but I do also have a tablet and desktop version of the site I'm mocking up in the same file and it's larger on those, but I made them separate components (Each size has their own main component on their respective home pages) so I don't know if that matters. I've tried to search multiple combinations of words to figure out how to fix it, and I've not had any luck. Please help! Thank you!!

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Hi @Lynn42, hmm I see, interesting, never had that problem in any component but there are millions of unique component/flow combinations so it might be possible. Thinking what I'd do, after a few tries (as I see it you've already tried to fix it) I'd take an instance of that component, ungroup it and make it another seperate component (I know you're using already a seperate component for this resolution but sometimes it can be much harder to find the source of a problem so) Clearly there's some

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lynn42, hmm I see, interesting, never had that problem in any component but there are millions of unique component/flow combinations so it might be possible. Thinking what I'd do, after a few tries (as I see it you've already tried to fix it) I'd take an instance of that component, ungroup it and make it another seperate component (I know you're using already a seperate component for this resolution but sometimes it can be much harder to find the source of a problem so) Clearly there's some kind of connection etc in the flow that causes the problem. So I'd create the component and the states from the scratch, based on the example/original component, it looks like that's the quickest solution to the problem. Please update us after trying it, since I'm also curious about it. If it behaves similar after trying that, it means there's an inner element/component causing the problem. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I had re-made the component a few times while trying to fix it but I realized while messing with it today that when I had copied over the toggle state, it became it's own component within the component. I had to ungroup the component I was copying from and remake it that way. This had me frustrated for a bit, so thank you again!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, glad you resolved the issue, happy designing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines