• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why no one is listening? Losing millions of subscribers to Figma

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All it would have taken was 2 small features to get back on track and please stop replying to vote on it, people of have been voting and asking for this for many years now. When if ever, will you come out with: Dark Mode and Pages?

I love XD, but when will you realize that you are losing hundreds of thousands and soon to be millions of subscribers to Figma and other Prototype software. Adobe was one of the first to create something so amazing like XD but someone in your team has lost direction to what matters to your audience and is responsible for losing millions of dollars due to people switching over to Figma and other prototyping tools. I have written to your staff on numerous times, and no one has ever got back to me.

Your subscribers have been asking for simple items that you already have in all your other software and every time someone asks about 2 of the easiest features that a basic developers could create in literally 1 day if not quicker. 

While your team is working on bug fixes Figma is coming out with new features left and right. I hope this is not offending anyone, but you have to listen to your subscribers and do what they ask, especially when you already have these features in your other applications.

Someone is dropping the ball, I really want to stay with Adobe but something has to change.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll make sure to ask your questions and others to the team directly when we get the chance around MAX in a couple of months or so.

I personally think Adobe's software developers are stretched thin working on multiple projects for budget reasons or other issues within the company. Multiple dev teams with their own managers are responsible for different features within Xd, I can't imagine that many people have mostly been fixing minor bugs for the last 3 years, except for the ones that matter of course (text engine, component state override inheritance, etc.) On top of that Xd has only been getting less stable and performance has decreased.

Figma's advantage is that they only have one or two products, and all their resources are focused on that. They have chosen a better environment (web), which doesn't need to be individually supported for multiple platforms. The Xd dev team needs to worry about the abandoned UWP on Windows, Mac, the web where prototypes live, and Android / iOS apps.

I secretly hope they have been working on a complete transformation / rewrite for Xd, which will fix many issues in one release, but seeing how their new products all follow the same "light app" trend with the whole CC platform, I doubt it.

P.S. I doubt Figma and Xd have a million users combined, they are pretty niche products. No company wants to lose revenue, so if Adobe isn't focusing on it that much, it probably isn't a big deal for them that Xd doesn't perform very well. I'd assume most users who pay subs primarily use Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, After Effects, Premiere etc - all products that barely changed from 10-15 years ago when Adobe still made good, reliable software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. We will make sure to pass on the feedback to the team for making improvements.

You may also raise your feedback here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines