• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Win] Artboard Transition is not working if we used Shift /Control Key in Keys & GamePad Trigger.

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am currently working on a design for a learning plattform where shortcuts come in handy and should be learned. I want to display a certain functionality from Word (Paste in Text without formatting) and users should be able to enter the shortcut for that which is Ctrl + Alt + V. However when I try to insert that keyboard trigger I can only go either way: Alt+v or Ctrl + V. I cannot create a shortcut Ctrl + Alt + V. This is a huge letdown for me, because it is possible in Figma for example and I have to display that certain shortcut. Is there a workoaround or will that be fixed soon?

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Thanks for sharing the info. I checked with the team and logged a bug for the issue and they informed me that this is already a known issue and they are working on its fix. You will definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD.

I will also update the discussion when the issue is resolved. I really appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Hi Nikolai,

We have investigated your issue. Based on some limitations on Windows, fixing this issue is a bigger change than we'd hoped. For now, we will keep this work in our backlog, but have not prioritized it higher based on other features we are working on.

Joan Lafferty

XD Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikol,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. If I heard you right you are trying to customize the keyboard shortcut. If so, then, sadly, the functionality isn't available as of now in XD. There is a similar request raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12929127-customize... 

I would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HARSHIKA_VERMA Hi Harshika, no that is not what I want. I want to work with Keyboard Triggers as an interaction. When defining a keyboard trigger, I want to make a trigger with CTRL + Alt + V. Currently that is somehow not possible. I attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for elaborating on the issue and sharing the screenshot. It helped in replicating the issue. Could you please share the version of XD and the OS you're using?

I will try my best to escalate and investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest XD Version (40.1.22) and the OS is Windows 10, Version 20H2 (Build 19042.985).

Thank you, it would be nice to see this updatet as quickly as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the info. I checked with the team and logged a bug for the issue and they informed me that this is already a known issue and they are working on its fix. You will definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD.

I will also update the discussion when the issue is resolved. I really appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nikolai,

We have investigated your issue. Based on some limitations on Windows, fixing this issue is a bigger change than we'd hoped. For now, we will keep this work in our backlog, but have not prioritized it higher based on other features we are working on.

Joan Lafferty

XD Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines