• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD 44 : Broken components' links while migrating to Creative Cloud Libraries

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had several local files with components linked to master file. Now I've uploaded all my files to the cloud and published master file with components as a new library. The problem is when I open any of my files all components’ links are broken (red). So, components in my uploaded to the cloud files don't point to the new library I published. Is there way to fix this?

{Title Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Found a solution to my problem, but it’s very frustrating. In order to relink existing components to my new library I have manually insert each component used in a file from a library anywhere in the layout and then remove it. Apparently, this triggers the existing component to relink to a new library. The problem is that I must do it for every component used in a file. Anyone knows a better way?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

What version are you on? There is a fix for this in v44.1, so please upgrade if you are on a previous version.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the lastest version and all my existing components in cloud files have broken links. Once I try editing master component in any of these files — it opens (points) to my local master components file, not the new cloud libraries I published.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if I understand exactly what's going on. When you Publish from a "master components file", that file  remains the source of your Library. So, if you ever want to make a change to one of your components, you edit it in the master components file, and then Update (re-Publish) your Library. Does that make sense?

Does that help?

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does. The problem that I am having is the situation when I had locally (on the computer) an existing project with one master file that contains all the components and several files with various design made with components linked to my master file. And it worked just fine before migrating to Creative Cloud Libraries.

Once I saved all my local files on the cloud and published master file with all the components as a library — all the components in the design files got broken links (they are not getting linked to a new library). If I copy a new component from a library — everything works just fine, but all the existing components have broken links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One trick to try is to open one of your design files. Add a temporary artboard to the canvas. Drag each of your components and drop them on temporary artboard. In some cases, this triggers the migration of those components to use the new Library which fixes the links. Did that work?

Delete temporary artboard when done.

HTH,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that trick didn't work in my case. It seams like after saving all my files in the cloud and publishing a library the components are still linked to my local master file. When I open a cloud file with my design select and right click on the component and choose “Edit main in source document” in the menu — it opens my local master file with the components, not the published library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you Publish from local doc or cloud doc? Maybe try removing Library (sounds like it's nto getting used anyway) and make sure you Publish from cloud doc.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a solution to my problem, but it’s very frustrating. In order to relink existing components to my new library I have manually insert each component used in a file from a library anywhere in the layout and then remove it. Apparently, this triggers the existing component to relink to a new library. The problem is that I must do it for every component used in a file. Anyone knows a better way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Vladimir. I am facing some of the same issues. I also tried dropping components to the artboard and it triggers and update/relink. But my color "tokens" are not updated, they are still missing the library they originally were created from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following: open your design file, create any object (rectangle), switch from Document Assets to your library, select the object (rectangle) and choose color from your library. This supposed to create (relink) a color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I tried, but it did not work. I only added a new color to my colorassets, so had two of the same. One linked, one unlinked. They did not merge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. Adobe you're forcing users to go from local to cloud, but you cannot give a solution not to do all existing asset links again by hand???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines