• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD 44: Linked assets freezes when clicked after update

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Update 44 and migrating linked assets to libraries, clicking linked assets freezes XD. I can't do any work because I have to wait several minutes for XD to unfreeze. I literally can go away, make a cuppa and come back and it's still not letting me click anything. Then when it's ready, I can suddenly click something but if it's an asset that linked the whole process starts over again. I can't update the linked assets or replace them with the newly published assets from the library. 

TOPICS
Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Please collect system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
  4. Please collect and share spin dum files by following the steps shared below:

For Windows:

• Launch Task Manager
  • Select the Adobe XD process
  • Right click on the Adobe XD process
  • Select “Create dump file”
  • This will generate a binary file

For macOS:

• Launch Activity Monitor
  • Select Adobe XD process (might show as “Not Responding”)
  • Click on the gear in the upper left of the Activity Monitor
  • Select “Spindump”
  • This will generate a text file

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Rishabh_Tiwari 

Mac OS Big Sur version 11.6

AND

Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909, OS Build 18363.1734

XD Version 44.0.12.7 x64, Creative Cloud Sync 4.21.1.1 (for both Mac and Windows but no "x64" on Windows)

Happens with any file that has linked assets, but it's much worse in larger files.

Systems log file won't upload. Says "Unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." This is after 45 minutes of it spinning. It's 339.4MB, if that matters. I've tried it twice now. Same result.

Regarding the spindump, I don't feel comfortable attaching a file here publicly. How can I send it to you privately? I tried messaging you directly, but there is no way to attach a file, only an image or video. 

Incidentally, I'm not sure I'll be able to upload the Windows spindump file because it's 2.45GB whereas the one for the Mac is only 5.5MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry for the delay in response. Please add the log file and spin dump file to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link through DM by clicking on my name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi akajezebel ,

Thank you for sharing the details. In addition to what asked by Rishabh. We would also request you to please update XD to 44.1 version and let us know if you still face the issue.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines