Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD 44, Sharing XD library with Developers to import design system

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Designers!

Has anyone managed to share an XD library with a developer so they could then use the XD Visual Studio Code plugin to quickly import design system details?

If you've had success, please share your story! This is confounding us, so far!

TOPICS
How to , Plug-ins , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Yes I do tried to searched for the same. Even this workflow approach is more Functional. Why Adobe not working in this. Suggest me any other tool for the same

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. For plugin related query we have a separate forum https://forums.adobexdplatform.com/. Please post your query providing sufficient details for expert suggestions.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishbh,

I really just wanted to find out if anyone had done this. Just a general a general design question, like others are asking.

I posted a detailed question in both the Adobe and Microsoft forums and received no replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, so originally I was having problems getting the XD library over to my developer. It turns out I was sharing the wrong link. From your libary file in XD, use the Share icon — not the share in the menu which is very close in proximity and concept! An easy mistake to make, but I did not make the connection until a lot of digging.

Step 1, click this icon:Proper Link Access.png

Step 2: Select Browse on the left side of thescreen (I get an error because no libraries are shared with me), but it gets me to the next step when I hit Done.

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 2.56.12 PM.png

Step 3: see upper right corner, this is the link to share with a developer using the Adobe XD plugin for Visual Studio Code. We got it working, it looks so promising, but we are concerned there may not be support for what is needed to make it really work on the technical side, perhaps this feature is going to be unsupported? That would be a shame, the idea of being able to quickly and easily share designs in such a dyamic way is brilliant!

GetLink.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do tried to searched for the same. Even this workflow approach is more Functional. Why Adobe not working in this. Suggest me any other tool for the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD is in maintaince mode (you probably saw that notice on the start page), so they are no longer working on the app. The same goes for any plug-ins. I would suggest migrating to Figma which does have a lot of work being focused on the designer-developer workflow. If you have existing design, you might want to look at Zeplin as a solution as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a for Your reply, But do figma has such a design system package which works in such a way with vscode for development. I would appreciate you reply on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines