• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD 47 crashes when using activated fonts on Windows

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm experiencing unresponsive app whenever I try to work with fonts in newest Adobe XD (47.0.22). Even selecting text layer makes Windows Font Cache Service to ramp up CPU workload and XD UI becomes sluggish to unrensponsive. Then it crashes. This didn't happen in previous version (even though sometimes I had to minimize and maximize the window to get type working again).

Windows 11, i7, 16 GB RAM, nVidia MX150.

Thanks for advice.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ivan,

have you tried a new software installation? I recommend using Creative Cloud Cleaner to unsubscribe Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't do complete CC removal and re-install, if that is what you are asking. I really don't fancy doing that, as it's time consuming. I re-installed XD several times with the same result. I'm sure it is isolated problem, not a CC problem, which hase something to do with the way XD is handling fonts. That has been an issue probably from XD's Day 1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ivan,

I didn’t mean to uninstall the entire Creative Cloud, only Adobe XD. I advised you to use Creative Cloud Cleaner to uninstall Adobe XD and delete any corrupt files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gianvitulano, thanks for your concern. Yes, I tried reinstalling the app several times. Unfortunately, CC Cleaner doesn't support uninstalling of individual apps, and when XD installs somewhere in ProgramData as a UWP app, I can't even find the install path. I've seen, however, there is some xml config available to do it. I'll look into it and report back, if just for the sake of result.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ivan,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. This issue mostly get resolved by either re-installing or updating graphics card drivers and ensuring drivers are up to date as per the manufacturer's website. Also you can try ALT+TAB when the text tools get stuck and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rishabh,

thank you for your interest. I have been using the ALT-TAB trick for some time, but now it doesn't work. As for thre drivers, I use both nVidia MX150 as integrated graphics in the laptop, as well as external-boxed Radeon RX580. Neither seems to influence the performance of XD. However, I'll try to reinstall both graphics cards drivers and report back.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Rishabh, 

to update my case, I have re-installed both drivers for my graphics cards. XD seems to work better, however, it still has issues with activated fonts: after I activate a font in FontBase and try to change font in XD, the Windows Font Cache Service comes to play. I presume the issue might be somewhere outside XD, perhaps after latest Windows 11 update, but XD seems to suffer from it, as I didn't observe the behaviour in other applications, i.e. InDesign wher activation runs smoothly. 

I can make a screencast if that would help.

Thanks for any more insight you might have.

Ivan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines