• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Xd addin padding to symbols

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use to drop symbols from  my adobe library to boxes. But now suddenly xd seems to add extra paddings, making my symbols really tiny. Is this some new cool feature or am I doing something wrong? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

When you drag object from library into rectangle it do "Mask with Shape". If you will ungroup that object you will see original object borders behind the rectangle. The workaround is to drag "object 1" from library then draw a rectangle up do size of "object 1" and make "Mask with Shape". No padding will happen. 

I can't find any info about adding padding to clipped objects. So may be it depends on original object and rectangle relative size and how xd interpolate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot. Is this happens with apecefic symbol or any?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

olof_AC_0-1630587869730.png

The icon is done in illustrator and saved to my libraries, and the droped in a square in xd. Previously it became as big as the box (to the right) but since my last update on XD it gets very small ( by the added padding). Before this also happened but was a "bug" that kod by fixed by ctrl-z and adding it again (and it would become as big as the box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply. Did you drop AI or SVG file? I want to test but at first need to know file extension?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I not sure exact file type in the libraries. I drop the vectorised design in the library from AI. Then open the library and drag / drop the image from the corresponding library 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't reproduce your bug. All shapes have not any paddings after dragging from libraries into xd artboard. They are simple shapes created in Ai.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, no problem just dropping them to an artboard. But I drop them into a drawn rectangle. As I find this easier to get icons equal size when resizing them. And this used to work fine until last updateof xd. I did this gif: icon dropping in xd.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you drag object from library into rectangle it do "Mask with Shape". If you will ungroup that object you will see original object borders behind the rectangle. The workaround is to drag "object 1" from library then draw a rectangle up do size of "object 1" and make "Mask with Shape". No padding will happen. 

I can't find any info about adding padding to clipped objects. So may be it depends on original object and rectangle relative size and how xd interpolate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, but I dont get why the object dragged in on the rextangle becomes much smaller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

but the work around suggested works fine. maybe even better than how I did before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines