• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD APP preview font is missing after updating from iphone to IOS13.

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The missing fonts include SF UI Display, SF UI Text, SF Pro Text and other design fonts. Could you please tell me how to operate?

<The title was edited by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you also updated the Adobe XD app on your smartphone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you add these fonts previously using an app? On your iOS device can you go  into  General>Profiles and see if  SFUI  Display, Text and Pro Text are showing up? If not you may need to install them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue. I'm using SF Pro Display and SF Pro Text in my app design and after update to iOS 13, the XD preview app on my iPhone do not display these fonts. On iPhone with iOS 12 everything is OK.Zrzut ekranu 2019-09-30 o 15.03.09.pngIMG_A363814FA57F-1.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

we are sorry to hear that you are facing trouble using Adobe XD. Could you please confirm from where you have downloaded the font or you have activated it from Adobe Fonts? I would also request you to please share the information asked by Italo and Celeste so that we can investigate more about this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After one day of investigation, I think that's iOS 13 problem. On iOS 12.4 everything is OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for investigation. We would still like to know from where you have downloaded the font or you have activated it from Adobe Fonts?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a official Apple font downloaded from Apple website. Also I have new thoughts about the issue. Please check these two links below. I think that is connected to this case. 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58063480/sanfrancisco-sfuitext-sfui-regular-fonts-issue-on-ios-1...

https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2019/227/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details. We will make sure to share the same with the team for further investigation. We really appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have updated my iPhone to ios 13 my iPad Air to 12.4.3. 

I have updated and installed all SF fonts from the Apple Developer website on my macbook.

When I connect it now with USB to my Macbook and preview my project all my SF Font icons are replaced by a exclamation mark "!".

When I load the Apple XD file from the developer site the same thing happens.

When I disconnect the USB cable and open the preview it gives me as a remark that two fonts are missing i.e. SF Pro Text Regular Italic and SF Pro Rounded Medium.

What can I do as I cannot show my designs currently on my client's devices... I can preview on the macbook without an issue but it is far from ideal.

Thank you,

Evelyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue with the AdobeXD app on my iPhone (iPhone Xs, iOS v13.3). Did you figure out how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also having the same issue with our prototypes. Sharing prototypes on any mobile device is not possible with SF Fonts (downloaded from Apple). Is there hope that this problem will be solved soon? Otherwise it is not possible for us to work with XD in the future. Since it is a system font, I cannot understand why it causes such problems.

Thanks for your help.

Nadine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with the apple fonts! Any solution to this bug? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try re-installing the fonts on the iOS device and let us know if that helps or if you need any further assistance? We'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah it is take a lot of time for seach and no soultion for that i think you have to pay for A new subscribe to add sf pro into creative cloud 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news here? Same issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here what worked for me. I did remove all my existing SF fonts on my Mac. Then I downloaded latest version here: https://developer.apple.com/fonts/ Then I launched my XD File and had to make sure to really use "SF Pro", not "SF Pro Text" icons. When I exchange all by SF Pro it worked in XD iOS app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what I had to do. I can only get SF Pro - Regular to work on the Adobe XD for iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just rand through the SF Fonts. It appears that all the variations designed for WatchOS work in the XD for iPhone but none of the SF Pro variation.

Here's what works:

SF Pro 

-Regular

-Itallic

SF Compact

-All

SF Compact Display

-All

SF Compact Rounded

-All

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines