• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD becomes unresponsive and pinwheeling after changing document elements eg. global color change

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am using a brand new macbook pro with an m1 pro chip and 32gb of ram and experiencing the same issues as on my i7 16gb mbp from 2017. 

Issue occures everytime I try to change the element appearance globally like color etc. I also deactivated every plugin ( I remembered performance issues with activated plugins on sketch.app and thought  it might help) but no change. Everything else runs smooth and fast while only adobe xd is not responding.

For more infos I attached the log file. Any hotfix available soon? It's really disappointing to see that this problem doesn't seem to be solved, even if adobe xd runs natively on Arm/Apple processors.

Thx

TOPICS
Crash on mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  2. Will it be possible for you to share a sample file with us?
  3. Please collect logs using the Adobe Log Collector Tool .
  4. We'll also need the spin dump file, so please try the steps shared below:

• Launch Activity Monitor
  • Select Adobe XD process (might show as “Not Responding”)
  • Click on the gear in the upper left of the Activity Monitor
  • Select “Spindump”
  • This will generate a text file

Please add XD file along with the logs & spin dump file to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link through DM by clicking on my name.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rishabh,

thx for getting back. 

1. It is happening on multiple files, especially on larger files.

2. I can't share the file with you since it is a ui kit my company has bought and restyled but you can recreate the issue by downloading eg. the google material design UI kit from your website: https://www.adobe.com/de/products/xd/features/ui-kits.html#panel-3. If you try to change the color of some document elements you will experience a heavy slow down of Adobe XD. Especially if you try to change the color one after another and with opacity less than 100%.

3. & 4. Check your DM in a few minutes.

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines