Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD CC Unable to update an existing link after the recent update

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear XD Team,

Subject: Unable to update an existing link. The software is prompting me to create a new link each time i do any update to the resource file.

Problem Statement: Found this issue only after the recent update form XD CC last week.

Version with issue found: 17.0.12.11

System Details:  Win 10 Enterprise Biuld: 16299 @ Lenovo T440

Please provide a solution or any workaround for this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any error message displayed when clicking the Update button? e.g, if the existing link has somehow been deleted from the CC Assets web, the following error message (screenshot attached) will be shown when trying to update the link.

You can verify the existing link by pressing Share button and then choose "Manage Links...", or pressing the "Open in Browser" icon in the upper right corner of the Sharing popup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i have the below error message. I also managed to chat with XD support and ended with no solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I note that your project have been shared for review. If you want to allow your partner edit it you need to "Invite to Edit" . In all other methods partner can't update the same file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ares,

I am not able to Invite to Edit. The button is throwing an error.

Also, The same file is updated with design and not letting me to update the same link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Xd latest update have new feature to show animation in web browser. I think you don't use latest update of Adobe Xd. try to reinstall Adobe Xd , Also delete cc version of your project and try again, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't look right. Just to be sure, and pardon if this sounds downright obvious, you do not see an update button when you try to share the same file again. If that is correct, I am not sure as to what is causing this issue. I am definitely hearing about it for the first time.

Can you post a screenshot here for us to understand what's happening?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

I can see all options available to update but its just throwing an error to generate a new link each time i make a change.

Clicking on the update button above is throwing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible for you to share the XD doc having the issue above, and the link URL? Also, can you click the "Open in Browser" icon and see if you can open it in browser?

Thanks,

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the file and link. Adobe XD CC

Not able to attach the doc here.

"Open in Browser" works fine, Shows the first created design and not the updated change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ares,

I do use the up to date version 17.0.12.11. I do have auto animate feature in my XD.

I have also tried uninstalling and stalling the software. The issue remains the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that you can try to install Adobe Xd on another machine and try to repeat steps. If bug exist again that can mean that the problem is located in your CC account files not on your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have requested you for information that will help us with further troubleshooting over a private message. Can you please send those details to me when you are ready?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more update here: Has been replaced with a brand new laptop and got Adobe CC -> XDCC installed last week all as fresh install.

The issue still exists and i cannot update an existing link.

Preran: Will respond to your Private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have received your info, you should be contacted shortly by the tech support team for further investigation. Let us know if you need more assistance.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue with the below Error.

Something went wrong. Please create a new link.

(Error 55:47)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm facing the same problem, do we have any solution regarding this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines