• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Xd constantly crashes

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is constantly crashing it is the most frustrating thing ever, not only does the app have minimal functionality compared to others but it crashes half the time, its literally everyday and many times during the day

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. Is it crashing while working on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Does it crash on a local file or cloud file or both?
  4. Is there any specific action that leads to crashing or it's crashing randomly?

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh

It has happened since the app was updated in November so I don't know how to check that.

It happens when I have 1 or multiple files open

It happens mostly on cloud files

No it doesn't say the error, just that I must send a crash report 😕

It also happens a lot when I am exporting to Zeplin or PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I still have not received any further help and this is very concerning.

I am very unhappy with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry for the delay in response. We'll need system logs and crash dump to investigate this further. Please enable crash dump by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html

Please wait for the application to crash again and once it crashes, please note the time stamp in local time and collect system logs(https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html) and crash dump(https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html) and both the files to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and DM me the link by clicking on my name. 

Note: For reference, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent you everything yet I have had no reply for days yet again. This is getting insanely frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay in response, Jess. I have logged the bug and I will update this discussion as soon as I hear from the team. Meanwhile, I'd request you to update XD to the latest version which is 38.1 and let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines