• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD continuously unresponsive while working on a file

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't handle this anymore, XD without fail, becomes completely unresponsive while working on a file. I'm not talking about once an hour but literally every 10 min, the only temporary fix is completely closing all XD windows and restarting the program. 

While in its unresponsive state, the properties panel cannot be updated by typing in values, I have to click and drag to increase or decrease any values. When highlighting each value and trying to type a new value they are added into other fields as well, it also does not update any elements with the new values if I manage to type the new values into the correct property, elements only update if change values via clicking and dragging the values of each input in the properties panel.

I can't be the only person experiencing these issue, please tell me someone has some sort of solution.

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this affect all files, or just one file in particular?

Are you on Mac or PC?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is affecting any file that I’m working on, when creating a new file it
seems okay but as soon as I have a couple of pages etc it start becoming
unresponsive --

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be related to a particular font? Sometimes a problem font can cause issues with some apps.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think that’s the case at all, I’m using Segoe Ui, the only thing I can think of that could cause any issue would be the amount of components and layers, but it has only been doing this for the last month and I never use to have this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another thread on the same subject. If you're on a PC this might be related https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/completely-unusable-and-unstable-after-34-update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a look at the thread and unfortunately I can definitely rule out RAM issues my pc is running on 64GB RAM. I'll just have to log it and send through to adobe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it sounds like a bug of some sort. You seem to be doing all the right troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @IamConniston,

We are sorry to hear you're experiencing performance issues with XD, and thanks for sharing the information asked by our expert. We would love to investigate the logs of your machine in order to escalate the issue to the team.

• Please share the version of XD and the operating system you're working on.
  • Generate logs and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.
  • Please share the screenshot of Task/Manager/Activity monitor.
  • Is it possible for you to share one sample file for testing purposes? 

We will try our best to help.

Thank you, @Dan Rodney, for your active attention to this post. You're awesome. 😊 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines