Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD crashes on launch on windows machine on XD 42.0.22 version

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe team,
I am experiencing the following issue: after updating to version 42.0.22  XD closes / crashes 
It just Flash open closes right away and doesn't allow to even send the error report (frozen)
I am using XD on Windows 10.

Any help is appreaciated. Thank you.

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. We will make sure to report the issue to the product team for investigation. Though, we would need Adobe logs and Crash dumps of your machine for investigation purposes. Please generate the logs and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with us here or over a PM. 

We will make sure to file a feedback ticket of your machine's logs.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Thanks for sharing the solution that worked for you. I would request all of you to please ensure that your Windows is up to date. If you still face issue, please share the details asked by me in my previous response on this post.

I will try my best to escalate the issue to the team for investigation.

Note: Logs are really essentials that help our product team to identify the root cause of the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Smooth,

try a new installation of Adobe XD. I recommend that you use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to uninstall the software and do a deeper cleaning. I wouldn’t want anything to go wrong during the upgrade and I’ll give us some corrupted files. Once the procedure is finished, install Adobe XD again and check if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response, I tired cleaning it with Creative Cloud Cleaner tool right now its not working for me.

I will update you once it works.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !
I have the same issue with the version 42.0.22.

I also tried to follow the following steps (https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/xd/kb/xd-crashes-when-launched-on-Windows.html) but it's not working.

Any new idea? =/

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same problem with version 42.0.22 and I used the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to uninstall XD but it is not working. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myself and another designer on our team have exactly this issue. Is there any response from Adobe on this as we can't work on any XD files at all at the moment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installing unstalling and updating etc. but its not working, continued with same issue, XD open and closes.
So I rolled back to 41.1.12.9. which is working ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. We will make sure to report the issue to the product team for investigation. Though, we would need Adobe logs and Crash dumps of your machine for investigation purposes. Please generate the logs and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with us here or over a PM. 

We will make sure to file a feedback ticket of your machine's logs.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Maybe the version of Windows is involved.

I have the same phenomenon as everyone else, but I am using Windows 10 pro ver.1803.

All the people in the company ver.1803 are crashing.

please refer. Masako

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Part 1 but it did not help me.

The issue fixed for me when I uninstalled the latest version 42.0.22 and installed the older version 41.1.12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

The IT team in my company just found the issue (in my case, but maybe it can work for you all).

Windows was not correctly updated.

In the Windows Update page, you have to click on the button below the grey one (yes... wtf) and Windows will find "others" updates for you computer.

Monokuroomu_0-1627317120651.png

(sorry, picture in french)

Problem solved for my case, I hope it will works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really solved crash on launch problems. It saved my design work. Thanks so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the solution that worked for you. I would request all of you to please ensure that your Windows is up to date. If you still face issue, please share the details asked by me in my previous response on this post.

I will try my best to escalate the issue to the team for investigation.

Note: Logs are really essentials that help our product team to identify the root cause of the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I faced the same problem and tried everything that was suggested on Adobe forums but nothing worked. So i rolled back from version 42.022 to 41.1.12 and it is working fine. Looks like they have introduced more bugs instead of fixing the bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry for all the trouble. Please update Windows to the latest version and then update XD to the latest version and let us know if that solves the issue or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this worked for me too. I rolled back to 41.1.12 and now I can open Adobe XD.
However, I cannot open shared files from my colleague, because they are already working from the latest update.
I know this might be complicated, but allowing users to open the same file with different version would be very helpful for us. 

Thank you for this community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated Windows XD to 42.0.22 -  As many other users noted, XD crashes on startup.  Did full uninstall of XD and clean install of 41.1.12.  XD Loads but none of the design files load - says they are created in a new version of XD, please update.  I try to update and same fail launch. Times a wasting Adobe....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please ensure you have the latest update for the Windows in case if you have Windows Operating system. If you already have the latest version of Windows, please uninstall XD using the cleaner tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and then re-install and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines