• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Crashing when exporting multiple images to JPG or PNG

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a regular issue for the last couple of versions, so not sure if its just me.

When selecting multiple objects and exporting (@1 + 2) XD crashes when trying to complete the export.

Any help most appreciated, as its very frustrating.

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Import and export , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I tested this on my end on Windows 10 and it seems to work fine so could you please confirm if it is happening with a specific file or multiple files? If it's happening with multiple files, I'd recommend re-installing the application and let us know how it works after that. We'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

It happens with multiple files mainly, when I've selected 7 or 8 objects (usually images as opposed to vector based objects). I end up having to reboot as I can't even kill the process from the task manager once this happens,

I will try re-installing and report back, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I've removed and reinstalled the app, but the issue persists.

It might be that the images are perhaps larger than they could be (some are maybe 4000px wide), so will try with resized images.

This was what I was doing:

• Create new doc
  • Draw square/rectangle and use repeat grid to multiply (lets say 8 boxes in total in 2 rows)
  • Drag 8 images into the grid (which fill the 8 boxes with images)
  • Ungroup the grid
  • At this stage, I noticed that all of the images (boxes) had the same name so had to rename each one
  • Export for web (1x & 2x)
  • Its starts the export, but crashes during
  • If I attempt to kill the process using Task Manager, it leaves another instance of XD (Runtime broker) running whivch I cannot kill

Thats about it. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for performing the uninstall/reinstall of XD and sharing the steps of your workflow. I would like to confirm if you have tried signing out of XD and Creative Cloud, restart the machine and then sign back in.

If that doesn't help, please generate the logs using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html along with the sample file. Upload the files to a shared location such as Creative Cloud and share the URL with me over a private message.

Note: Please share the URL of this post while sending a PM.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, I've sent the log file and XD. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite various updates to XD, I'm still experiencing this problem.
I try to save out multiple images (artboards or groups) at once, and XD simply crashes.

I end up having to use task manager to close xd, but even then it still runs the 'Runtime Broker' which doesn't close so I have to restart the pc.

Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New log file uploaded via the log app:

AdobeLogs_20200924_071609_683-win.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also consistently having this problem:

• MacOs Catalana 10.15.5
  • XD  33.1.12.4

Exports the JPGs but app then freezes - basically never comes out of the export progress dialogue.

Only solution is to force close the app and start again.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still regularly having a problem with this, even in the latest version of XD.

@HARSHIKA_VERMA is there any update on this bug and getting a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @liam-p ,

Can you upload a sample file in a shared location (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc..) and then PM me with the link to that file?

I tried to reproduce the issue on my end but I couldn't. Being able to reproduce the issue will accelerate things.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error on Windows, just updated to the latest XD version. Before it was fine.

Quite annoying problems.. 

It happened first while trying to exporting multiple resources to JPG, then it happened also trying to export a single one.

The loader bar seems to complete the export but then it freezes at almost 98% (see screenshot below).

Cattura.JPG

I tried to kill the task from task manager, but sometimes you need to reboot the PC because the task won't close.. 

Please help us and try to fix this, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this seems to have gotten worse in recent versions.

It wouldn't be quite so bad if you could restart XD to fix, but as you mentioned, it usually requires a full reboot as you can't kill the app or 'runtime broker' which can't be closed with task manager.

Still very frustrating!

I get exactly the same as you though @guidopotena, it saves out to about 98%, then freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue.

I'm on Xd version 39.0.12.12.

I'm on Mac OS 10.15.7

It seems like it just started to happen over the last few days for me.

Xd gets stuck when I export artboards to png.

The only way to resolve is to force quit the app. This results in losing work that's being saved locally if I forget to save right before exporting the pngs.

Is an update coming out soon to fix the bug?

Thanks!

Vic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an issue for over a year now so not sure if there is a plan to fix.

I had previously sent my logs, as have others, but the issue is still causing problems for some users. 😞

I have done a quick screencast on a test XD file (attached) - not that this helps the Adobe dev team, but at least others can see if they are having the same issue. It happens pretty much every time I try to export multiple files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening... This is the last thing I see before I have to reboot the PC, which seems the only way to get XD working again.

xd-crash.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening, and SOOOO frustrating!!!

crashed-xd.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD & OS.
  2. Does changing the export location resolves the issue?
  3. Does this happen on a specific file or multiple files?
  4. Does changing the name of assets resolves the issue?

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1: Latest version of XD 42.1.22

Windows 10 Pro - Version 21H1

2: No

3: Always when exporting multiple files, single files works fine.

4: Not 100% sure as I have to reboot PC each time this happens to get XD started again (It won't restart until I reboot)

Any help appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. Please reproduce the issue again and collect system logs by following the steps shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and add the logs to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link through DM by clicking on my name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution that I found and using since 2020 is to export files directly to the desktop. Otherwise app freezes while export. and now I am use to it.. but thats not how it works right? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct, there should not be any restrictions as to where you can save your files. I wonder if there are some permissions issues that might be in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines