Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD file missing after restarting computer

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

The XD file project I've been working on for a week for work went missing after I simply restarted my computer. I did'nt do anything but RESTART my laptop. And I just spent / wasted time to be exact a full 24 hours doing research and trying all sorts of "solutions" related to my issue that I could find in the Adobe Support Community trying to locate and open my XD file. The weird part is that on my dock if I right click on the XD fly out menu, my XD document / name of the file I need is there, but it won't open after cliking on it, but it's not in the adobe assets cloud website and it doens't appear anywhere like if I wasn't saving my work. 

Before you come up with some quick "solution" to try to help, know that I tried everythin i could find on this community board. 

I already:

- uninstillaed, installed 

- signed in / signed out

- stopped everything adobe on the CPU in activity monitor

- restarted computer like a thousand times

- I even went to older version of the XD app to try and open my file in a different version of XD before it automaticlly updated to your current new version of XD

- checked the website for my files on the cloud

- yes i keep double checking on the assets.adobe.com website and there is no file saved in there it's like the syncing wasn't working at all. 

The thing the pisses me off the most is that I kept saving my work thorugh out my working process and I was pretty sure it was saving and syncing, but it's nowhere to be found

This horrible experience def answer my question to the intention I had with this XD "tool"

I was exploring a new tool for work to see if we wanted to bring XD in to our work process for our team and this just solidified the fact that we're going to not use Adobe products because they are not realiable, you can't even get a real person to talk to you to try and fix this live. I wasn't using my work adobe account because I wanted to explore it on my personal computer on my personal account and well this has been horrible. I really need my work back that file needs to be recovered. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @juan_segura,

We are sorry for the delay in response, and we can totally understand your frustration. We will try our best to investigate the issue and help you to the best of our capacity.

We would like to know a few details before we proceed:-

• Please share the version of XD and the details of your Mac machine.
  • Is it a cloud file or a local file?
  • Please ensure to check the file on both "Personal and Company account" while logging in.

Please check if you're able to find a copy of the file at this location:-

Mac:  ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe XD CC

If you're unable to find the file, please generate logs and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @juan_segura,

We would like to follow up on your issue. Are you able to resolve the issue? Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have decided not to move forward with Adobe products on our team, mainly because we find your product unreliable. I have deleted Adobe from my desktop so I don't need to move forward with your help. We will continue to only use Figma for UX Design projects. You all got back to me very late in my process and I had to start from scratch using Figma, so no need to worry about locating that horrific XD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines