• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD file opening on a PC but not on my Mac (different user accounts)

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems opening a cloud doc in XD. Much like others with a similar issue, the loading progress bar hangs just before completion and XD freezes, even occasionally shutting down my mac.

The file in question had been worked on collaboratively. I've been able to download the file from Adobe cloud but the same problem occurs when I try to open it. I have sent the file to a friend (PC, different user account) and he is able to open the file with no problem.  He has tried saving with a different name, copying the content to a new file including artboards and copying just the content without artboards. The file without artboards opens but XD is unresponsive. The file with artboards still hangs.

I'd appreciate a rapid response from Adobe as this issue is now holding up delivery to a client.

Cheers

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Open and save docs , Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please ensure that all the collaborators have the latest version of XD which is 39.0.12. In case if it is already updated to the latest version, please try the steps shared below:

1. Sign out of XD and Adobe CC Desktop app.
  2. Close CoreSycn and All Adobe-related processes from the Task Manager/Activity Monitor.
  3. Reboot the computer.
  4. Sign back in on Adobe CC Desktop app and launch XD from there.

Let us know if you are able to open the file or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing the above opened the file to to point of being able to see the
artboards (1st try only) but the loading progress bar was still visible so
the file could not be interacted with.

All subsequent tries - the file reverted to hanging on the loading screen
with no artboards appearing.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind trying to open the file from here: https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents and see if you are able to open up the file?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines