• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD font moving position on different people's screens

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are maintaining a large website and three designers all need to share XD files. We are all using the same CC version of XD and the same Adobe cloud font. BUT – the text box containing the font is changing position from one designer's screen to another. This is only detectable in buttons, where text needs to be vertically centred within the button. On one machine the text is perfectly centred, then open it on another machine and the text has moved two pixels lower and the text box itself has different vertical proportions? It looks like we're using different cuts of the same font, but this is impossible as they are all from Adobe cloud. So our working environment and set-up is the same, but the end result is different??

The two screenshots attached show the same document opened on two different machines.

Anyone know what this could be?

TOPICS
Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i noticed that the same font from different devices is different. for all apps. i face the same issue on adobe indesign with my team, same font from the same name but dimentions and spacing are bit different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To better describe the detail of what's happening:

A text box created on one machine at say 16 pixels high, appears as 20 pixels high on another machine. The XY coordinates are the same, but the text box has an extra 2 pixels of padding which effectively nudges the text 2 pixels lower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well Adobe uses 2 different font engines. They admitted that when someone mentioned Roboto, one of the most used fonts for XD applications doesn't look the same on Mac and PC. Adobe's version of Roboto, for example, is less current than google's. Once I deactivated Roboto and installed them from google, I had it more similar to my coworker on a mac, but still different.

But THEN I noticed, as I zoom in/out the text objects were Wildly changing positions. So my guess is they are, unintelligently, moving the font to be "pixel perfect" based on Some attribute, for every zoom level. I'll attribute this to Acrobats absolutely Stupid thickening of lines that are thin. And of course, often times that completely fails and instead makes thin lines invisible. And for outlined fonts, you now how thicker lower case "Ls" everywhere. For something that's supposed to standardize how things are viewed, they sure screwed it up a whole lot. 

Try different zoom levels. I bet the fonts in question shift at every different zoom level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines