• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD For Web Site Purpose

Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, I am designing my new website by using XD with the hope to embed the code to adobe portfolio. My intention is only to design the home page which will be simple and elemental per choice. 

https://studio7d01.myportfolio.com/  here it is the web page which is a mix of Adobe Portfolio and XD. I am satisfied overall, but not really with what happens when clicking the thumbnails (not all of them can be clicked on it, per choice). I wish to have the thumbanail open in full screen mode and centered in the page. 

Please, add your email if you wish to be invited to the XD project and discuss about it closer. 

I wish all of you a great time with lots of inspirations.

Thank you and stay well

Luigi

TOPICS
Design , How to , Plug-ins , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Sorry for the late reply.  XD prototyping software cannot be used to create an Adobe Portfolio site. 

Portfolio doesn't allow you to insert code from other apps. It is a closed CMS (content management system) site meaning there is no way to copy & paste HTML, CSS or JavaScript code into the interface.  Portfolio is a basic online site builder, no coding skills required.   For details on using Portfolio, please see the Getting Started tutorials in the FAQ & Knowledgebase.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035497414-Getting-Started-Steps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luigi,

Thanks for reaching out. Since this is related to portfolio, you can also reach out to portfolio support using this link . I am leaving this discussion open for expert suggestions.

Regards

Rishabh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luigi. Apologies, if my reply isn't helpful, but I would advise you against using the prototype embed in this way, especially when it's for a portfolio. You can't control what happens outside the embedded frame. Unless the embedded prototype is full screen and it's all you see when you open the page.

Here's why this is a bad idea.

The prototype view has privacy pop-ups, very slow loading speed (for a web page), slower performance due to the way its rendered, and isn't responsive. Furthermore, none of the stuff on it is indexable by search engines.

This is all a disadvantage to you. Instead, you should use or modify one of the Adobe Portfolio templates, or use an external website builder if you're not comfortable with code.

You can use Xd to plan out the layout and UX for your website, but it is best you rebuild it from scratch using one of the methods I mentioned, based on the variables and values from Xd.

Nowadays both users and search engines have very high expectations of load speeds and user experience. You should optimize these for the best chance of success, and all sorts of crutches will only get in your way in the long run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey that's a great answer, I really appreciate that. I will a full HTML code, probably is the best solution!

Again, thanks so much for your help!

Best

Luigi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the late reply.  XD prototyping software cannot be used to create an Adobe Portfolio site. 

Portfolio doesn't allow you to insert code from other apps. It is a closed CMS (content management system) site meaning there is no way to copy & paste HTML, CSS or JavaScript code into the interface.  Portfolio is a basic online site builder, no coding skills required.   For details on using Portfolio, please see the Getting Started tutorials in the FAQ & Knowledgebase.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035497414-Getting-Started-Steps

https://help.myportfolio.com/

If you wish to code your own website and publish it on a commercial web host, use Adobe Dreamweaver  -- Wesite Design Software

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines