• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Freezes when pasting from UI kit

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I paste objects that are anything but text from any of the UI Kits my entire UI freezes.  The object does appear in my design, but then I am able to interact with XD at all for about 15-30 seconds.  Very annoying and making the product nearly unusable.  Any ideas?

I am on Windows 10, AMD 3950x, Radeon 5700xt.

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Will it be possible for you to share the UI Kit so that we can test this on our end? If yes, please add it to a shared location, like Google Drive or DropBox, and share the link through DM by clicking on my name.
  4. Please collect and share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share it through DM as well.

Note: While sending DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

I am trying to message you but I am getting this error "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.".  Doesn't really make sense as I have never sent a private message before...

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it doesn't seem particularly sensitive I will just share it here:

Hi Rishabh,

Thank you for your help.  Here is the answers to you questions:

1. The version of XD.

1. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?

Seems to happen with any file and I have reproduced it with multiple UI kits.  It does seem like it may be related to copy and pasting grouped objects.

1. Will it be possible for you to share the UI Kit so that we can test this on our end? If yes, please add it to a shared location, like Google Drive or DropBox, and share the link through DM by clicking on my name.

I'm able to produce the problem with the Material kit linked in the XD menu: https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/xd/ui-kits/xd-material-design-light-and-dark-themes.zip

1. Please collect and share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share it through DM as well.

File: AdobeLogs_20210118_074447_188-win.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details, Kevin. I will test this on my end and will update the discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Any update?  I still have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay, we have logged a bug for this issue and the team is investigating this. I am keeping track of the issue and will update the discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines