• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD freezing when trying to update a global color under document assets

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running XD 44.1.12.5 x64. I am working on a design system and was attempting to change the global color of a blue in or color pallet under document assets, something that should be a simple change to change across the document.

However, when I attemted to change the color the color XD freezes and becomes unresponsive. I thought that this was strange but it consistently happens. I then created a save as file and then deleted all of the artboards except 1. This artboard has less than 100 elements that the blue color is referencing and XD still can barely change the global color. When you change it the program freezes for a 10 seconds and then changes the colors. Global colors is barely functional at this point ant time. 

I've recrated this problem on brand new files along with the current design stystem files I'm using, so it not a bug specifically linked to one document. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD & OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. If you have Windows OS, please check if there are any pending updates for Windows OS or display drivers.
  4. If everything is up to date and still it's happening, please collect and share system logs using the Adobe Log Collector Tool and the spin dump file by following the steps shared here:

For Windows:

• Launch Task Manager
    • Select the Adobe XD process
    • Right click on the Adobe XD process
    • Select “Create dump file”
    • This will generate a binary file

For macOS:

• Launch Activity Monitor
  • Select Adobe XD process (might show as “Not Responding”)
  • Click on the gear in the upper left of the Activity Monitor
  • Select “Spindump”
  • This will generate a text file

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

I am on a Mac running Big Sur, version 11.4, Intel Core I9. I've also updated to the current version of XD 44.1.12.5 x64. 

I couldn't download the log connector tool but I did attactch some memory and CPU usage after I attempted to change the global color. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Running Big Sur 11.6 on Intel Core i7..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cryomaster,

We are sorry for the trouble. We would request you to please share the requested information so that we can investigate the issue and escalate it to the team. 

If possible, please also share a video of your workflow for better understanding and the XD file causing the issue for better understanding.

You can upload the XD file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.

I will be happy to assist further.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dustin@Pru ,

Thanks for sharing the memory and CPU screenshots. Is it possible for you to share the spin dumps by following the below steps?

For macOS:

1. Launch Activity Monitor
  2. Select Adobe XD process (might show as “Not Responding”)
  3. Click on the gear in the upper left of the Activity Monitor
  4. Select “Spindump”
  5. This will generate a text file

We would also require Crash dumps to investigate the root cause of the issue. Once the dumps are generated, please upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a Private message.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay. We'll need the logs for investigation, so could you please collect the logs and collect the logs through log collector and add it to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link through DM by clicking on my name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines