• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Xd hovers and components frustrations

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm posting it as a record - hopefully I'm not the only one struggling with this "feature".

I've created a (nested) component in my main library to consume from in normal designs - for consistancy and it's best practices. In the main library the main component has it's different states like the hover, disabled etc.

The frustrations I have is that if I populate my (nested) component with an icon, copy and resize to fit the screen (when I'm consuming from the library) - in an design outside the library. The content doesn't get updated on the other states. I litterly have to redo every state and then the issue arises of misalignment - and looking inconsistant. Whats the point of the states if when I start populating it with actual content, it doesn't trickle down on the states below? Anyway, just finding it very frustrating and unpractical from a design system and consistancy point of view. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Z22862089ie3b. , in nested components, the changes made in even default state of that component don't effect other states but my solution to that is (there might be an even better way to do that), copying the element pasted at a state of that element and selecting another state that I want to have that element, double clicking while I'm on that state to get into kind of "inner state" and then pasting there since it gets pasted to the exact same position. Here I tried to demonstrate it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qet5or2ry96afzm/nested-components.mp4?dl=0 

Of course as you know if you want a change to be reflected in every state of a component, you need to do that change in the main component's default state (by right clicking the nested component and selecting "edit main component"), not in a nested one. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines