• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD how are you?

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know what happened to the XD team, it's been a long time since it was updated, everything is quiet and scary..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Don't be afraid, fear is the only darkness 🙂

Biggest updates each year happen around Adobe MAX, which is in October, and the team is probably working hard on some bigger features that they will release around that time (or at least I hope). To be honest I'd personally prefer them to hit a pause on new features and instead work towards getting Xd more stable, optimize performance and fix the numerous bugs that have piled up over the years and haven't been addressed.

Also, the next couple of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't be afraid, fear is the only darkness 🙂

Biggest updates each year happen around Adobe MAX, which is in October, and the team is probably working hard on some bigger features that they will release around that time (or at least I hope). To be honest I'd personally prefer them to hit a pause on new features and instead work towards getting Xd more stable, optimize performance and fix the numerous bugs that have piled up over the years and haven't been addressed.

Also, the next couple of months are when people usually take vacations, so I imagine the progress and releases will be slower over that time anyways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your attentive answer. I also hope that XD can be more stable, especially the performance on Windows. I hope XD can find its own path and keep going. I also hope that the team can bring us more surprises. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @yoooowow ,

Thanks for reaching out. Let me assure you, that I'll share your feedback with the team. For information on the latest XD releases, you can stay tuned to this page https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/whats-new.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me, the main issue is the uncertainty. I totally get that it's important to release major features only after they're stable and reasonably polished. But the lack of any updates whatsover -- even just some small bug fixes -- leads to a deafening silence that makes a lot of folks wonder if the lights are still on 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cypher, it's something I'm going to ask the team directly around MAX in a couple of months, along with other questions. I too feel the communication with users is lacking. There are many issues that haven't been addressed for too long.

And about the polish - unfortunately, one of my main issues with Xd have been exactly unpolished features that don't work properly on release. A good example would be component states, which was a big deal back in 2019, but there were (and still are) so many things wrong with it that it's barely usable on a production level, and still feels like it's in beta. Product performance has worsened as well, many bugs and inconsistencies are bringing the whole experience down.

These days Adobe has a lot more competition, especially in the UX/UI market. It's easy to switch products and users expect a lot more from these tools than we used to a few years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I've gotten to the point where I need to open the door of moving my organisation over to Figma. I do appreciate the visual capabilities they've added in the past year like video and animations, but my work requires me to design things that I can pair up with developers to build and so much of that functionality is missing.

Design tokens, viewable component states and many other design system focused things were what I was looking for. I think the inability to change ownership of XD files is really going bite us down the road too. Thankfully none of our UXers have left in a while, but this is likely going to cause a massive headache down the road.

Maybe October's Adobe MAX will release some great things, but in the meantime I've got a design system to revamp and CMS replatform to design for and I need design/dev capabilities, not just pretty prototypes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos,

We're so sorry for the delay. I am afraid, I don't have the time frame by which this would be completed however I understand your concern so let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines