• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD : How to duplicate a whole project to a new one and also link to a new master asset

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2562-11-22 at 11.00.28.png

\

I encounter an issue during my project.

I have a file which is called “Mother 1” (I assume it as a Primitive file) and I created 3 files that link an asset from Mother 1 which is called the “Child” file. (Please see an attached photo of its outline.)

I’d like to create a whole new project by duplicating a “Mother 1” file into a new file called “Mother 2” that I want to link with the "Child A" file (which is created from duplicating “Child 3” file). I want to change only at “Mother 2” and all of there child (In this case is only Child A) can change too.

The problem is how can I do it?

I already tried to duplicate the child and change a link to Mother 2 and nothing changes. And I also tried to group all file in project 1 into a folder in Creative Cloud and duplicated too, but it seems doesn’t work as well.

Would you mind suggesting this problem, please?
Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you.

PS. If I make anything unclear please ask.

{Title Modified by MOD}

TOPICS
Missing feature , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

That's a missing feature in Xd which is creating a lot of problems for me as well. I'm looking forward to this functionality in future release

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a missing feature in Xd which is creating a lot of problems for me as well. I'm looking forward to this functionality in future release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has this feature been implimented yet?  I am having a mother of a time duplicating a child project and connecting to a new mother system!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines