Exit

XD is lagging while creating a group, copy paste on Ryzen

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The problem

• XD sttuters and lags (1 to even 5 seconds) everytime I create a group, copy - paste or duplicate something, and generally doesn't perform well given the hardware.

Specs

• Ryzen 5950x
  • X570 Aorus Master
  • RTX 3090 Aorus Master with latest drivers
  • Corsair MP600 NMVe SSD
  • 64GB Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz 
  • Windows 10 with latest updates

I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing these problems, and I don't know if it's a hardware or a software issue.

Thanks.

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention, XD version is 31.1.12.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction 🙂

XD version is 35.1.12.5. I don't know why the "About" menu displayed dthat old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem on my hardwares as well on version 42.1.22.4. Poor permance when having multiple (20+) components that has multiple states in a prototype with not enven 10 artboards. Moving with keyboard, renaming and changing states is complete garbage and takes forever. I use a lot of components because I am prototyping something similar to an IDE and for some actions, a lot of states is used to represent the user iteraction flow.

I use other programs like Sketchup to build 3D things, normaly woodworking and it performs extremely good. Just Adobe fails to deliver the proper performance on XD.

Other thing I observed is that Adobe XD is single threaded, so a high IPC speed is what makes the difference. But my Ryzen 5000 series has a better IPC than Intel (until 12 gen is launched), so it is XDs optimization fault for this kind of poor performance.

My rig is:

- Ryzen 5600x

- 16 GB Ram 3200mhz

- Sata SSD 

- Zotac 1080 Amp Extreme

So, my PC is mid-high end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Giancarlo5CFE,

We apologize for the frustration. We would request you to please update XD to 43 version as our team has fixed this performance issue with the latest updates.

Let us know if you still experience the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The performance has improved a bit by now (currently version 49), but it isn't enough.

The main problem I see is the single-threaded render of XD, so it won't matter if you have multiple cores in your CPU. I know it is not trivial to develop multi-threaded applications, but I believe it is a must on these type of tools.

Other thing I have observed is that when you update an element/group/component, mainly when moving around using the keyboard arrows, for some reason Adobe XD performance starts do degrade progressively according to the number of componets with multiple states on the prototype. This happens even with few artborards (10-15), if you have a prototype like the print-screen attached where every menu item, form field, button, section, accordion, etc are a component with multiple states (e.g. hover, disabled, collapsed, open, selected). Our components are very robust in terms of fidelity and behavior and are published as a library so they can be easily reused in basically any desired UI/UX flow without the need to re-design the states for every single prototype (just select the component state and you are good to go).

As a workaround, we are unlinking the components to keep only the desired state for the artboard it is contained (except when it have hover animations). Doing this made Adobe XD regain its performance, but still not as great as one would expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Giancarlo5CFE,

We are sorry for the trouble. Is it possible for you to record a video of the issue, and also if you can share the XD file with me over a private message so that I can test at my end? If yes, please upload the file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me.

I will try my best to investigate and escalate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines