• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD is slowing down considerably

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm a long time user of XD and I've been using it since it first came out. But I wonder why with each new update XD runs slower and slower? It also consumes a lot of memory with the latest update to version 31.2.12.4. I can only use XD for a couple of minutes and afterward, I will have to wait for almost a minute for every 5-10 minutes of use. Working with cloud documents and coediting at this speed rate is almost impossible. Perhaps it has got something to do with MacOS Catalina 10.15.6?

I really wish XD can run as fast as in its early days, but it seems that if this trend continues I will have to switch to Figma entirely. I was paid hourly as a UX/UI freelancer and I can't seem to justify my clients paying me for waiting to use XD, instead of using it to deliver a result.

Can you somehow make XD runs faster in the next update? Please?

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. If it's happening while working on a specific file, will it be possible for you to share the file? If it's happening on multiple files, please try uninstalling the application using Adobe Cleaner tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Once uninstalled, please re-install and check how it works. If it is still slow, please share a sample file and 

system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

we will escalate it further.

Note: To share the file, please add it to any shared location like DropBox and you can DM the link by clicking on my name. Please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines