• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD is very slow and lagging after using component states.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

Following the November 2019 update of xd, the use of the software has become very slow.

Indeed, I am working on a web app interface solution (1920X1080) and I use two files:

- the first one that contains the artboards of the interface

- the second one which contains the library (Design Style Guide) of my components linked to the first one.

But since I'm using the new "Component States Â» feature, XD's usage is degraded.

Everything has become slow, each use between my two files takes time (sometimes a few minutes) to refresh.

For example :

- when I modify a component in the files containing my library, it takes several minutes for XD to refresh it in the first file containing the artboards

- when I save my file, it takes several minutes before finalizing it (I specify that I work locally on my computer and not on the Cloud)

And the worst is when I want to share a link in my file with my co-workers, it takes 15 to 30 minutes before uploading it.

Then, when my co-workers wants to access the links to review the design, Their browser (google Chrome) takes time to refresh each pages.

They can not see a smooth interaction of the work that I submit to them, the navigation between the different screens takes several seconds before refreshing it.

I never had problems before, it is very restrictive when working in production.

I read on several forums that this is already a problem that has been reported to the support.

Has anyone had a similar experience? What would be the solution?

any help is welcome

For your information :

XD Version: 24.4.22.1

I use about fifty component, with sometimes more than 30 instances spread over all my artboards.

The 1st file with artboards is 73MB

The 2nd file with the library (Design Style Guide) is 30MB

I'm using a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) on High Sierra version 10.13.6

Processor: 2.6 Ghz intel core i7

Memory: 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Graphic card: Nvidia GeForce GT 650M

Also an iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) on High Sierra version 10.13.6

Processor: 3.4 Ghz intel core i7

Memory: 32GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Graphic card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650M 2048 MB

Best Regards

Edouard

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edouard,

We are sorry to hear you are facing performance issues with XD after using component states and thank you for sharing the hardware details of the system. We would need a few more details to investigate more about the issue:

• Is it possible for you to share a sample file with performance issues over a private message?
  • It would be really helpful if you can share the video of showing the lagging behavior.

In order to proceed further, please generate the log files using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and upload it to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app and share the url with me over a private message.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika

Thank you for your reply, I will send you the sample files as requested, as well as the log file on a creative cloud share link in a private message.

The sample files I am sending you are confidential, please use them only as part of the resolution of my issue.

Thank you for your help

Best regards

Edouard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Edouard, I have received the files and we will make sure to keep the file safe and secure. However, i requested for some personal details in the private message. Please check and share the information.

Thank you so much for your cooperation in investigating the issue.

Regards,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I have just sent you a private message the additional information.

Best Regards,

Edouard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am encountering similar problems. Was your problem resolved? Would like to know more so that I can DIY a solution. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this problem and a similar workflow. It's so bad that I'm considering dropping Adobe XD from my workflow and suggesting to my clients they do not incorporate it into their workflow.

I can't even open my file any longer, so I have had to revert to the previous version and rebuild my last several weeks of work. 

I would be happy to share my files with you if needed, if you'll provide the community at large with updates on the issue. I see lots of posts about performance since the states update and not much public movement on Adobe's end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your experience. Would it be possible for you to upload your file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud, Dropbox or such and share the URL with me over a private message for investigation? I wlll also need the version of your OS and the Adobe XD version.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i am having almost the exact same issue in terms of slowed performance on a very small artboard project.  small tasks like zoom in/out are taking forever.  Everything has begun to lag since mid November.  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues, was this issue ever resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharon,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We will need to test this on our end so I'd request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and the Operating System.
  2. Does the performance of XD hampers while using Nested components or even while using a component with multiple states?
  3. Does this happen on a specific file or multiple files?
  4. If it happens on a specific file, will it be possible for you to share the file? If yes, please add a file to cloud storage and share the link.

We're here to help, just need more info.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe XD Creative Cloud 28.9.12.2, on catalina 10.15.4

It is nested components AND components with multiple states.. mainly when I am using them linked from another XD file, however it seems counterproductive to have a new component in each separate file if they are made to be reused. 

the specific file hangs when TRYING to open, whenever it is updated, it hangs and many times I have to force quit the application. It is with any file that is using a linked component with states (which mess up a lot but that is a different issue) and with several different components.

I'll have to ask my manager if I can share the file or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two new force quit error logs I can email you - since I cannot attach the text files and when I try to paste the text in here - it freezes this page and I have to force quit this view in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made the component a local one - and still having it hang whenever I change the state of the component that has been copied to another artboard. 

As soon as I deal with a decent sized component with several states XD slows down considerably. It isn't any network connection, it is ONLY XD when I am working with this file. It even does it when there are no other applications open.

Is this a bug that is going to be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent you a PM with a link to a screen capture of what was going on, and the images. Not sure if I can actually share the files tho. 

Did you get the message and were you able to view the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharon,

So sorry for the delay in response. Yes, I received the video and I agree it is very slow. Please try the steps below and share your observation:

1. If it is a local file, please change the location of the file to a different location and then try opening the file. Also, does it make a difference if you open the file directly from the file location instead of recent files?
  2. If its a cloud document, please check the version of Core Sync. To check, that please launch Adobe CC desktop app > Help > About Creative Cloud. If the version of Core Sync is less than 4.3.44.30, please try updating it to the latest version, for that you can follow the second step here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html
  • After updating the Core Sync version, please sign out of Adobe XD and the Adobe CC Desktop app and then close all Adobe related Process from Activity monitor and then relaunch XD from Adobe CC desktop app and check if it's better.

If nothing helps, please confirm the size of the file, and also will it be possible for you to share the file?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, I have tried opening the file directly and from recent files - it makes no difference in how long the file takes to open.
It is not a cloud document, we gave up on those due to the lag and it took even longer to make updates and open files if they were a cloud file - it is the most current version of XD as well.

Checking with my manager to see if I can share the file or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have saved the document to the cloud - however it is not allowing me to create a link to send to you via Private Message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response Sharon, please add the file to any cloud storage like a DropBox and you can share the file. To share it through Adobe Creative Cloud Storage, you can add the file to a folder then it will give you an option to create a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to share via the CreativeCloud - and it does NOT provide a way to create a link when I create a folder. It allows me to invite someone, but I need that person's email. So, CreativeCloud does NOT allow me to create a link for you whether or not it is in a folder. 
As for the dropbox, I will see if I have access to one where I can provide you with that link and/or access. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just DM'd screenshots of the options I see after putting the file into a folder in CreativeCloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DM'd you a link to the file in a dropbox folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the file Sharon, please allow me some time, will test this and update you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you reply to the other people in this thread wtih the same problem or jsut ignore them? ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am encountering similar problems. Was your problem resolved? Would like to know more so that I can DIY a solution. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines