• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD is very slow and lagging after using component states.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

Following the November 2019 update of xd, the use of the software has become very slow.

Indeed, I am working on a web app interface solution (1920X1080) and I use two files:

- the first one that contains the artboards of the interface

- the second one which contains the library (Design Style Guide) of my components linked to the first one.

But since I'm using the new "Component States » feature, XD's usage is degraded.

Everything has become slow, each use between my two files takes time (sometimes a few minutes) to refresh.

For example :

- when I modify a component in the files containing my library, it takes several minutes for XD to refresh it in the first file containing the artboards

- when I save my file, it takes several minutes before finalizing it (I specify that I work locally on my computer and not on the Cloud)

And the worst is when I want to share a link in my file with my co-workers, it takes 15 to 30 minutes before uploading it.

Then, when my co-workers wants to access the links to review the design, Their browser (google Chrome) takes time to refresh each pages.

They can not see a smooth interaction of the work that I submit to them, the navigation between the different screens takes several seconds before refreshing it.

I never had problems before, it is very restrictive when working in production.

I read on several forums that this is already a problem that has been reported to the support.

Has anyone had a similar experience? What would be the solution?

any help is welcome

For your information :

XD Version: 24.4.22.1

I use about fifty component, with sometimes more than 30 instances spread over all my artboards.

The 1st file with artboards is 73MB

The 2nd file with the library (Design Style Guide) is 30MB

I'm using a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) on High Sierra version 10.13.6

Processor: 2.6 Ghz intel core i7

Memory: 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Graphic card: Nvidia GeForce GT 650M

Also an iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) on High Sierra version 10.13.6

Processor: 3.4 Ghz intel core i7

Memory: 32GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Graphic card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650M 2048 MB

Best Regards

Edouard

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I never got a reply nor was it fixed. I am still having issues when working with components - but I uswe them for prototypes. It is really limiting me in the files I can actually create.

Now when I use several on a file I get the warning at the bottom saying I need fewer layers. Apparently it seems thatt  each item is a layer. The error message is NOT solving anything. I need to be able to work with the components.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was progress made on this issue? I am encountering a very similar problem since I created a Component with several states, like 9 or 10. Can Adobe at least give us some guideance on how many states are too much? I was hoping that the use of states would be a perfect solution of reducing the number of artboards but the performance hit is so significant. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I'm having the same issues.

I strated creating components in order to improve UI creation in my new company, but as soon as I use some, the app is slowing down and becomes very bothersome to share on the cloud for devs.
Having used sketch in my previous company, I know the little I've done would not cause this problem. Or mayeb I'm wrong but at least I'd like to know how to use the components well.

If it is an issue could we please know if it will be fixed and when ? 
Depending on that I'll make a decision in order to respond my needs.

Regards,

Pol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. After adding/working with components XD is slowing down/crash.

Worst thing is when you copy/paste component from other projects (sketch file) and it can be small icon or big set of form with textfields...

Do anybody got this sorted out? I have i7, 32 gb ram PC and things like that making me much closer to switch from xD to other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, Same problem here. After adding/working with components XD is slowing down/crash.

Please let me know how to improve this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im having same problems here. Please help me guys to fix this. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines