• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD keeps crashing regularly (Windows 10)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10 on a GTX 1080 Ti. I've had this issue since a very long time. The latest graphic drivers are installed (released 17/08/2020). XD is updated too.

Crashes seem to happen randomly, ie when resizing a layer and even when just moving a layer. I cannot use XD at all because of this problem. If actively wanting to work on a project XD lasts no longer than 5 minutes before it crashes.

I keep pressing the Send Report button after the crash since weeks but never heard back from anyone and the crashes  weren't fixed in the recent XD updates.

What can I try to fix this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Hi Kevin,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need to identify the root cause of the crash, so could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD.
  2. Is it crashing while working on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Please ensure that you have the latest graphic card drivers as per the manufacturer's website.
  4. If it is already up to date, please collect system logs by following the steps shared:  here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
  5. W

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we're sorry you're having trouble with Adobe XD. Could you please give us more information about the problems you are experiencing with the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry for the outburst, after nearly 12 months of this and getting no where with support, reporting crashes and forum posts i am at my wits end. The problem is that XD constatnly crashes, usually when I try to preview my work, not always, but most of the time. when I try to preview my work it will only load a black screen inside the preview window then after a few seconds crash Xd. Also, often when working with text in Xd it doesnt repond, I need to alt tab to another program and go back to Xd before it recognizes the text input feild, often switch between prototype and design mode or visa versa will also fix the text editing issue, but not always, and when the text starts playing up a crash is not far off, it will sometimes crash in app too, without oreviewing. Either way it crashes all the time, constantly, I have sent many crash reports and log files to adobe over the months with my email adress and never recived a reply or a fix, obviously. Tech support currently has me uninstalling Apps, removing C++ and using Creative Cloud cleaner, you know all the most basic things that every software support person tells you that never solves anything. I am just about completely done with XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GWATdesign,

I see that you've tried all the basic steps and I totally understand your frustration. I checked your account and I'll expedite your case right away with our support expert.

Please confirm your contact number over a private message (Go to my profile and click on "Send a message") and the best time to reach, so that I can set up a call for you. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ATUL, i DONT NEED A PHONE CALL, i DONT NEED TO WASTE ANY MORE OF MY TIME. i NEED ONE OF YOU "SUPPORT EXPERTS" TO LOOK AT MY SUPPLIED DUMP LOGS AND TELL ME WHY XD KEEPS CRASHING ALL THE TIME. ITS BEEN A YEAR, IVE SPENT PROBABLY CLOSE TO 70 HOURS OF MY OWN TIME TRYING TO SOLVES THIS PROBLEM, I HAVE FOLLOWED EVEDRY STEP SUGGESTED, UPDATED EVERY DRIVER AND IT KEEPS HAPPENING. IT ONLY HAPPENS ON WINDOWS, ON BOTH MY WINDOWS MACHINES, IT ONLY HAPPENS WITH XD, NO OTHER PROGRAM CRASHES AND XD DOES NOT CRASH ON MY MAC AT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i HAVE HAD ENOUGH, ITS DRIVING ME INSANE, I NEED TO WORK FROM HOME OVER THE HOLIDAYS TO FINSIH SOMETHING AND I CAN NOT WORK WITH AN APP THAT CRAHSES ALL OF TNHE TIME AND WHEN IT ISNT CRASHED IT AS BUGGY AS HELL WITH TEXT! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rishabh_Tiwari and @Atul_Saini  I REPLIED ABOVE - PLEASE HELP THIS DRIVING ME INSANE-  I NEED TO WORK FROM HOME, OVER THE HOLIDAYS AND I ONLY HAVE 2 WINDOWS MACHINES, BOTH CAN NOT RUN XD WITHOUT IT CRASHING ALL THE TIME! NOTHING ELSE CRASHES ON EITHER MACHINE . ITS BEEN A YEAR NOW, PLEASE ACTUALLY HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GWATdesign, I understand how frustrating it could be. This is strange that crashdump is not getting generated even after enabling it. if you'd allow, I can have an expert investigate this situation for you.

I am afraid without these crashdump product team wouldn't be able to move forward on the bug. I'd appreciate your cooperation with this.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We have logged a ticket and shared the logs with the Engineering team. They need additional logs, will it be possible for you to share the crash dump file by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html

In case if you find any difficulty, please share your contact details along with a preferred time through DM, so that we can get these details on a remote session.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I followed all of the steps in the supplied link, it turns out i already had log dumps turned on. After going the process anway, I ran Xd and tried to preview my work, it black screened and crashed after a few seconds like ALWAYS. I went to localdumps folder and there was no crash log from adobe, there were other older crash logs from different programs but none from adobe or XD. I ran Xd again, itcrashed again, I looked in the dumps folder again there was NOTHING from XD. more wasted time liek every toher technicalks support step I have taken so far - it shouldnt take a year to solves this problenm, The fact it happens on my windows laptop also makes me belive it has nothing to do with my machine anyway, but its just a  major bug in XD on windows! why would it happen in 2 spserate windows machines, they have nothing in common except they are windows and run XD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME WAY! I JUST UPDATED XD TO THE LATEST VERION AND THE SITUATION IS EVEN WORSE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here dude. I just cancelled my membership due to this, and believe me that too is unrecognizeable by adobe, they keep pushing the update your payment dialog box into my face everytime I launch the app. For crashes it is going hollywood, so much action It is unsable with 10+ crashes every30 minutes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@italosan  Did you not read my posts above which describe the problem exactly, repeatedly? You want me to repeat it again ? is this what you call support, I call this MOCKERY and an insult. Read my posts above, read my posts below. STOP WASTING MY TIME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @GWATdesign - just stumbled upon this thread because i was looking for a solution, I have exactly the same problem.

Yesterday i had about 7 crashes on XD - predominantly when adjusting gradients or blend modes. I thought, well lucky i have another machine at home, so in the evening i resumed working on my cloud document from another windows 10 computer, and the same thing happened!

I've done all the normal, mundane "fixes" which customer service reps use to buy time, and as expected - nothing works. Several different errors are occuring - one of them below:

Faulting application name: XD.exe, version: 35.3.12.2, time stamp: 0xcca5de9c
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.662, time stamp: 0xec58f015
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x000000000010bd5c
Faulting process ID: 0x4b24
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6dc905cd42e16
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_35.3.12.2_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 58a7eac1-9c74-4951-be3c-112d5b998504
Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_35.3.12.2_x64__adky2gkssdxte
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Geoffrey5FB6, sorry for the trouble, and thank you for sharing the details, this Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll appears to be new. Let me check if we have other reports for this.  Meanwhile, please enable crash logs using this link: - How to collect and share crash logs? (adobe.com). Collect the crash dump after the next crash and share the link with us via private message after uploading it to CC or Dropbox. 

I'd also request you to run this log collector tool How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool (adobe.com) and share these logs as well. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all , Hi @Atul_Saini 

I've been using adobe XD for projects for about 2 months.
Unfortunately, the application is not stable.
You never know when it can turn off

The application can turn off when:
- I switch from the DESIGN tab to SHARE
- When I copy text from notepad to adobe xd
- When the application is not used for a long time (e.g. I will leave the computer for 10 minutes) - when I come back and want to add something to the project, the application turns off

I am using the latest version of Adobe XD (Version: 36.1.32.5, Creative Cloud Sync 4.3.71.1
I am using Win10

From what I can see other users also have similar problems.
When will the application finally be stable?

Logs submitted to: AdobeLogs_20210122_101034_598-win.zip

Unfortunately, it is impossible to work like this.
When will the application be repaired?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukasz,

I understand your frustration and I would feel the same in your situation. Thank you for sharing the details and the logs file. In order to log a bug for your case, I would new two more details so that our product team can investigate it. Could you please generate the crash dump using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/kb/how-to-collect-crash-logs.html and an XD file and then upload them to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message. Also, I would suggest trying signing out of XD, Creative Cloud, restart the machine, and then sign back in and see if that helps.

Note: Please add the URL of this post over a PM for reference.

I will try my best to escalate your case for investigation.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA 

the log message has been sent in a private message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the crash dump. I have attached the log with the bug for further investigation.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HARSHIKA_VERMA 

Hi

Has something been found to fix the problem?
Unfortunately, the work is still very difficult due to these errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the bug status is "In Development" which means they are still working and investigating it. I will share the updates with you as soon as I hear back from the team.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as the title says, Adobe XD keeps crashing on preview, only when using windows 10. I have a powerful PC with the latest updates and graphics drivers etc. This doesnt happen on Mac but on PC this has been happening for as long as i can remeber and seems to be getting worse, and doesnt happen all the time, just most of the time. Everytime it crashes I send an error report to Adobe, but it never gets fixed and they never reply to my supplied email. This is becoming painful to work with on windows, any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GWATdesign,

Sorry for the trouble, we'd love to help you with this. Would you mind sharing a short video describing the problem? Please collect the logs using (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html) Upload the logs to CC or Dropbox and share the link via PM. We'd also need the version of XD and OS build which you're using?

Thanks,

Atul_Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just described what happens - when I press preview it crashes XD, not sure what more you need? Also that link you provided is broken, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. Please use this link to generate the logs: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and also share the screeenshot of your about XD info page.

Please upload the logs to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the Url with us over a private message.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, thanks for the reply, this is still hapening and getting worse,   
here are the logs https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jJ5JSduIPZKBDXrMfyO7W0zNi3kVPNom/view?usp=sharing
Image 54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELLO!!! any repsonse AT ALL? OR ARE YOU JSUT GONG TO MARK THIS AS SOLVED WITHOUT EVEN REPSONDING?! i AM GOING TO TAKE THIS TO THE NEXT LEVEL IF i DONT GET A FIX SOON! AND BY SOON I MEAN TODAY - ALMOST 12 MONTHS OF THIS SHIiT IS LONG ENOUGH!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines