Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Library Publishing Times Out

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm working on a cloud component library for XD to use across different documents, but every time I go to publish/update, it times out. The progress bar will start and never complete, then the "Update your published library. Update Now." bar immediately shows at the bottom of the screen. This issue is majorly blocking our work.

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 7.47.27 AM.png

When I go to another document that is linked to the library, the library shows up blank. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 7.47.55 AM.png

I have tried the following to no avail:

1. Logged out of XD & CC

2. Shut down CC and Core Sync via Activity Monitor 

3. Restarted computer and relaunched/signed in to CC and XD

4. Library won't update/publish still

I'm working on a Mac 10.15.7 with XD 35.1.12.5, Creative Cloud Sync 4.3.63.1. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind trying the steps suggested below?

Quit XD
Launch CCD (Creative Cloud Desktop app)
Press Cmd+Opt+T to close CCD processes
Launch CCD, XD

If that helps, please connect with us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that we can help you immediately.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind trying the steps suggested below?

Quit XD
Launch CCD (Creative Cloud Desktop app)
Press Cmd+Opt+T to close CCD processes
Launch CCD, XD

If that helps, please connect with us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that we can help you immediately.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an FYI this solution did not work for me and required me to reach out to Adobe's team directly, who also couldn't get it to work even with remote screenshare.

I included in a response below the only way I could get our assets to publish to a library without fully recreating everything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Did you get a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After spending over an hour with Adobe remoting into my screen, they could never get it to publish and only offered "Link Cloud Document Assets" as a solution (which also didn't work).

I think the issue we ran into is all of our type styles were set up on the previous version before Stacks was introduced, and when we upgraded it, it added decimals to all the typography styles. I tried doing an update to both edit to remove it (didn't work), and also re-create it in the same file and go through every library asset and relink to the new style (also didn't work).

Finally, I created a new file completely, re-created all of the colors and type styles, then copy and pasted over a component from the previous problematic file. I think before doing this step, it would be beneficial to do the previous step of updating all type styles in the document and in the assets so that decimals aren't included.

After doing this, it will show up with a red link. Right-click the asset in the side panel and select "Make local". I published this new file after doing a few of these assets and it worked perfectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue. The fix posted above doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines