• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Xd(mac) unable to update existing prototype link

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to update an existing prototype after making design changes. The only option after clicking share again is to create a new link. This does not happen consistently. Sometimes the update link appears and I'm able to update an existing prototype. Other times it appears but is greyed out, and periodically, update link doesn't appear at all. What should I do to consistently have the update link appear enabled when I'm trying to update an existing prototype? The below attachment should have the option for updating, yet it doesn't appear.

Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 11.25.15 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

So for you, it looks like you're on the Windows version of the product. Updating a link will be coming soon! Upvote here: [Windows] Update prototype – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you sure that you always saved your document after you shared? This is necessary to keep the link associated to the file.

If you are sure that you always saved, could you explain a little bit more about the situation? In this case it would be a bug, as the link should never get lost.

Thanks, Corrinna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using XD for 6 months and have been having the same problem and I'm on Mac.  Definitely saved my document after sharing.  There is no ability to update the link.  Have you guys addressed this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you just auto-save the link so we don't lose the ability to update it? It's silly; I often end up creating new links just because of a small update etc. Also the pinned comments in the shared prototype - so confusing and unusable. Please improve it before Invision Studio is out in public otherwise you're gonna be losing users quickly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens to me. I'm constantly having to make new links and resend links to clients, which is goofy. My account just gets filled with adobe xd links now. Even something as simple as swapping out one image, still need to create a new link. http://i.imgur.com/ViJ5UMe.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for you, it looks like you're on the Windows version of the product. Updating a link will be coming soon! Upvote here: [Windows] Update prototype – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to update a link after making changes, click the "Share Online" icon, located at the top right of your window.

001.png

You options are "Copy Link" and "Share Again", as well as "Manage Links" below the other two.002.png

This is where a lot of people are overlooking how to update your link. Instead of deleting your previous link and creating a new one, just click the "Share Again" option. From there you can choose either "Update Link" or "New Link", Choose "Update Link".

003.png

If you see "Updating shared link", you're good to go!

004.png

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

exactly the same issue here as described in the previous comment. When I want to share the link again, the progress bar just stops at around 3/4 of the circle.

I don't know what to do. Any recommendations?

Looking forward to your support.

Thanks!

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

there was just another outage, it should be resolved now. Please let us know if it is not resolved for you.

Thanks, Corrinna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me on my Mac. Not sure if it’s a cache issue or what. I saved my project, updated and for me there’s no issue but for the People who had the link already it’s not updated.  Literally had to create saved copies and create a new link every time.  Ridiculous tbh.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Is there another outage on updating links? I'm on Mac and I've been trying to Share > Share for Review > Update Link to publish an updated version of my interaction prototype and nothing is happening. I've even tried creating a new link too already and nothing

Please help.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide me with info on your location? I haven't heard of an outage, but I can check with the team and get back to you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharing and Updating does NOT update the prototype.
I have been having this issue for a couple days. I created an interactive prototype and annotated it with comments. I shared that out to team members so that I could gather feedback. Once I made changes to the XD file (saved it) and go to SHARE > Share for Review > Update it shows that it is updating but then when I go to the link after it completes, NONE of the new screens are there. 

Anyone else have a solution to this? The product is useless to me without this feature working. I will switch to Sketch and InVision if need be. Please let me know. 

I do not want to generate new links either... Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salt Lake City, UT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an active form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry for the delay in response and we apologies for the frusttration. It looks you are unable to see the new screens that you have added to your design after updating the links. Would you mind confirming if all your artboards are connected with the home artboard and with each other?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think something similar is happening right now with me, when I publish a prototype link any changes I make later is not getting up to date after I click the Update Link button and successfully see all the updating animation finished. Can someone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Had this issue today and it seems like it was solved by doing a slight namechange of the flow (not the linkname), ex "Flow 1" to "Flow 1.2".

Then when I then hit Update the prototype seem to update like it should.

Hope it can help anyone.

Cheers,

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Changing the link name is not for me, only when I share the link with someone else, when I add an email to have access to the prototype, this is actually making the link to be up to date. Please Adobe fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines