• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD mic still not recording (mac 10.13.6) (XD version 33.1.12.4)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the mic in XD isnt working for me either. Ive tested it by recording my screen in Quicktime which works fine.

Im running 10.13.6 on a Mac Book Pro. Im running XD version 33.1.12.4.

I do not have any Sunflower extensions as far as Im aware. 

Ive followed previous answers but none work for me. Answers relating to later operating systems will obviously not work.
Please advise, thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there. Booting the system in safe mode prevents third-party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third-party service or application like antivirus, plugins, or web extensions that are conflicting with XD. Please try that and sha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Hi Nick,

Thanks for trying the suggestion shared by Rishabh. Are you still experiencing the issue? Please make sure you do not have any system pending updates or graphic card updates. Try to restart the system and then try to open the XD without safe mode and see if that works now.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there. Booting the system in safe mode prevents third-party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third-party service or application like antivirus, plugins, or web extensions that are conflicting with XD. Please try that and share your observation.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh, thanks for the suggestion. In Safe Mode the sound was recorded but the screen was black, none of my design was showing. Whats that about?

Kind regards,

Nick 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nick,

Thanks for trying the suggestion shared by Rishabh. Are you still experiencing the issue? Please make sure you do not have any system pending updates or graphic card updates. Try to restart the system and then try to open the XD without safe mode and see if that works now.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines